Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

beginner needs guidance  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Dear friends
I am joining the step 2 gang.Need a few points clarified,If someone could give opinion,I will be obliged.
1.How good is First Aid for step 2 and is it wise to give one quick reading to first aid before starting with kaplan videos and notes?
2.If I start UW,whatscore should I aim to get a 99.I am aiming for nothing lessthan a 99.
3.What is your experience with kaplan q bank?
4.Does nbme have the same reliability as step 1 or its just a waste of money?
5.Is group study a must for step 2?
6.Is it wise to do csa before step 2 or I am fine with step 2 right now and csa after that?
7.How do u calculate your actual scores on the basis of UW scores?
Need help guys.

"1.How good is First Aid for step 2 and is it wise to give one quick reading to first aid before starting with kaplan videos and notes? "

First Aid for Step 2 is not that highly used, More prefere is Boards and Wards And Crush for step2. But all of them should be used for revision and not for first reading. bad idea.

"2.If I start UW,whatscore should I aim to get a 99.I am aiming for nothing lessthan a 99. "

A very good score in UW will be anything above 70, BUT there is no good correlation so nobody can actually say what your score in UW should be for a 99.

"3.What is your experience with kaplan q bank? "

I didnt do it cause most of the persons i knew recommended against it. But cause i havent done it i cannot say anything about it.

"4.Does nbme have the same reliability as step 1 or its just a waste of money? "

NBME is very reliable just like in step1 , its definitely not a waste of money. It is the ONLY available predictor of your score.

"5.Is group study a must for step 2? "

Group study is not a must,. actually you would do better alone in my opinion, no body can find a perfect match for himself. you can however join a motivation group, where people keep on telling each other how and what they are doing and their progress. Look into prep journals.

"6.Is it wise to do csa before step 2 or I am fine with step 2 right now and csa after that? "

CSA has no relation whatsoever to ck, do it before or after it dosent matter, However it will make you spare some days from ck if you do it before, making your scores more late for the coming match which is not a good thing, better to have both scores than step1 and csa.

"7.How do u calculate your actual scores on the basis of UW scores? "

Nobody can tell you that, cause nobody does that. UW is a Learning tool and use it so.

thanks u both...very informative.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

A Beginner who needs a lot of heelp
beginner IMG in Canada needs SP
need guidance
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact