Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

risk of having another seizure in a 9 y.o?  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

Risk of having another seizure in a 9 y.o who had a generalised toic clonic seizure and all her investigations were normal (risk in the next 5 years)?

Don't know the exact number. But there's risk of developing epilepsy, next 5 years -she goes into puberty- so, I guess , great chance it'll repeat itself

None ! No work-up. If all the work-up are negative, no chance of another seizure ??? (I don't really know but in adult medicine, stress seizure no need to work up)

40 year old executive woman up all night and drank a lot of coffee and had a generalized seizure, no need to do work-up. The seizure is due to stress, coffee and stayed up all night.

Isolated one single seizure due to high temp and fever do not need work up and will not occur.

But this is generalized tonic-clonic seizure in kid after 5 yo. She grew out of fever seizures, she doesn't have meds or environmental factors (eg coffein abuse), no ischemic seizures(too young)- could it be first presentation of epilepsy???

risk of having another seizure is 15%

thanks msyamp. and i agree with rasul. it could be the first presentation of epilepsy.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

risk of having another seizure in a 9 years old \
Seizure
seizure
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact