Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

What's so special about this 'USMLE'?  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

G'day all.

I'm a student from Australia hoping to do something a bit more adventurous within medicine.

A resident mentioned the USMLE and said i should give it a go as it'll only get harder to get valuable American practice.

Since NOONE i know has ever even thought of the USMLE I know little about this exam so i really appreciate your replies.

1) I'm about to start my 5th year of a 6 year course. How long should I study for part one? Years? Months? considering I'm still studying undergrad med.

2) Just how much 'freedom' to practice can i expect if i complete these exams? Does passing the exams mean i can apply to any american hospital or training position??

3) for any international students out there.. what do you hope to gain by doing the USMLE?

I'm really interested in creating an opportunity to further my medical knowledge and outlook, and i definately hope to gain overseas experience at some point in my career.. This USMLE seems really intriguing with so much hype about it. I'd really like to know what its about!

thanks so much for reading and helping me out here.

kind regards all

w.

well it takes about 1-2 yrs to give all usmle exams before u can apply for residency in states.its a tough process and u have to decide if u wanna go through this ordeal.

hi there,
well its a long process u require to prep for each step ie step 1 n 2 for 5 months for each step. step 1 is pre and para clinicals n step2 is clinicals u have to prep usmle oriented usin app. review material or courses then come step 3 and csa(clincal skills assessment) which have to be given in us . well after gettin thro this u can apply for residencies in various hospitals and then there is a matching program n then u can join a residency program in a speciality. so thats about it and yes it is rewarding. well how about the chances for a graduate from asia in australia and what is the procedureplz let me know about it

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

So much to read...so little time
Americlarships, GMC OK, Good, so so
James Bond's Special Watch
show Related resources

Digitaldoc's blog - USMLEtoMD
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
Pharmacology: Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact