Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

How competitive is Emergency medicine?  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

Just wondering how competitive is it for an IMG to get into Emergency Medicine? Any success stories there?

Well, I also asked this in another thread..thanks for getting back on this, Rashmi...

I applied to 10 places, got 2 interviews, not extremely hard to go into, but rarely does FMG apply for it. New York is easier than other places...

Thanks, mmoghbelli...appreciate it!

If I remember correctly...u had pretty competitive scores and an impressive application overall...BRAVO!

I am hoping to apply to some EM programs but not sure if IMGs are getting into EM at all rolling eyes

Anybody else wanted to weigh in on this please?

I would say apply to as many as u can.......If u have enough $$$$$$$$. who knows U might end up with some interview.nod

How much does it cost for applying for 1 programme...?I mean how many $$$?

helloo..???somebody there to answer my Q????

hi doc2378, my father is an IMG ER physician and he is saying they are predicting a shortage of ER docs in years to come since a lot of the people who went into emergency medicine are becoming disatisfied with the programs. apparently its nothing like in the show. this means that programs will probably try to fill in many spaces with img's

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

emergency medicine and preventive medicine
Uzaq part-time iş
bir köpek ve bir iş istiyorum
show Related resources

Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Review
Step-Up To Medicine
Conrad Fischer's Internal Medicine Question Book

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact