Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

exam experience  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

found this Posted on another forum

i just finished my exam a few hours ago... and i am drained... this is just me rambling about my exam... sorry in advance!

i can't really recall questions, but i will say there was alot of Endocrine physio and patho on there. esp male/female repro, thyroid and it is fxns and txmt...

micro... more disease presentation and then identify the organism.

genetics/mol bio... alot more then i expected... alot of experiments and applications... splicing and recomb stuff... the basic.. but if you are unsure about it, then pick an answer and move on (like me!)

definitely had those pharma diagrams of experimental drugs. a few of them. you know, with the BP and HR. so understand all those. i even had 2 questions presented in that form, but asked about NSAIDs. and then ANS drugs instead. it was patient with arthitic pain.. one was given drug x, and the Tx-A2 increased prior to adminstration... and then afterwards it went down, what is the drug?

also got side effects of different drugs... neoplastics. CVS. TB. NSAIDs

patho... alot of identify the dx...AMI... what is present after 1 week...
congential heart dx... and murmurs... the usual genetic dx..

biochem was mostly on the vitamin def... no real metabolism quesiton... a few of insulin/glycogen and then DM... mostly would be about the genetic dx

beh science was tricky cases... ethical questions...

1 calculation of GFR. 1 Odds Ratio.

i actually got an EKG... the case was V-Tach... and that was the EKG and the answer... you could have gotten it without the interpretation of the EKG though...but it was surprising to see
i had 2 cross sections at the sternal angle and then at the thoracic...

2 XRays... what nerve would be damaged if there was a fracture of the humerus... and then what structure would be involved if there was metastasis in the pelvis or soemthing like that

a few blood smears... needed to identify megaloblastic, and then sideroblastic w/ iron poisoning...

fluid/electrolytes... understanding all of them really helps.. definitely a bunch of those... sodium, potassium, calcium, phosporous...

the embryology was straight out of First Aid. i didn't do more than that and it was enough. that asked about the bicornate uterus and hypopladias of the penis! and know the derivatives for neural crest cells vs. the others....

Thanks for share your experience, I will tell you you will pass, you get a lot different kind of questions, different topics it is what I mean and look like them were hard, Congratulation YOU TOOK THE TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no i didn't take the test.i hope to in a few months.I found this in another forum and thought that it might help.It's always nice to know what is emphasized in the exams,right?
Good luck to us all!!!!!

hey buddy u did really well, could u please tell me what questions u solved.i mean from which books. all the best for scores and step 2 bye

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

exam experience
Exam experience!!!!
my exam experience
show Related resources

Exam Master USMLE Step 2 CS Online
Exam Master USMLE Step 1
Kaplan 1-Day Step 2 CS Simulated Exam

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact