Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

About books for step 3  

• 0/5

Author34 Posts

The same, I have started with Crush step 3, i´m in page 24 now. I only have this source.

I´m not sure about Swanson.

Don´t you think is enough with Washington manual, only? and don´t buy Swanson?

And is it kaplan better than UW??

We are in the same position now. grin

Hi Chemamr,

I dont know about swansons too. Its just from the reviews I read mainly on this forum.

Anyways...looks like I have lot of catching up to do to finish the 24 pages!!

Goodluck

can you give me opinion about crush? Swanson, unless you buy the newest edition. I have read a lot of bad reviews from amazon for 2001 edition

i think it´s good njccmd2002, it´s very high yield, recommendable. That´s my opinion.

Hi Chemamr,

I am taking step 3 in 2006 january. Please tell me about boards and wards. Is it a good book.

it´s a good book for review for step 2CK, i would tell you that if you have just taken step 2CK, you don´t need to read it again, you already have that information in your head.

Hey I heard that Crush Step 3 has the same content as Crush step 2...is that true?

grin i´ve heard the same thing, but i´m not sure grin

i too m planning to prepare for step 3 . just wondering how to get started. i have got washington manual as a start. any advice.

What are you guys saying about the Kaplan materials for Step 3? Notes 'n stuff? Anybody...?

Is any of you using them or thinking of using them, or do you have any colleagues that used them?

Best of luck to everyone!

A.

In my opinion kaplan step 3 is not sufficientshaking head.

There are only some diseases discussed from each discipline. And i think there are a few mistakes.

But I gess it is worth to read once to supplement your knowledge.nod

I was looking at boards and wards, and really liked it. Im sorry i have been out of loop, i had a lot of work goin on. So far I have First aid and washington. I have Step 2CK for reference. I was told by resident in IM that Strong medicine is not very good. Go with USMLEworld wich i will. However i am undecided between crush, i was overviewing it it hastoo little information, vs boards and wards.

Since i will b e doing usmleworld, i will not get KAPLAN or NMS.

here is what im doing. Im going thru the kaplan videos and lecture notes. Im going to do usmle world and q-bank as my question base. And for rapid review im using crush or strong med, havent decided yet. Im taking it in May, going to start studying next week.

Ok, guys, it seems to be that we all have different strategies to the test (as all the past steps), it´s just like that, some of us feel more comfortable with one kind of book, so and so. My plan is: Crush, UW (maybe MCQ+CCS) x 30d, maybe kaplan online, too x 30d and Swanson for those moments when i´m tired to be reading.

I agree in : Boards and wards is a good book, the thing for me is that i´ve read that book a couple of times for my step 2CK so i´m tired of that book. And yes, crush and swanson, maybe strong too don´t have too much information but it´s only a review, they suppose we know almost everything by this time, i mean, after steps 1 and 2.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Intense prep books vs Live lecture books
Which books are the best books for Step2?
Free Books (around 20 books)
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact