Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

fail to take exam consider as attempt  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

Hello,can any tell me, if i am not able to take exam, then it is consider as an attempt. i appreciate your inputs.

thanks

mib

No

yes it is,if u donot take the exam within scheduled time it is considered as an attempt.

please refer to www.usmle.org

for details.

GL

Dear Katzung where it is mention I did not find It.........It only mentions that
12. What if I cannot take an exam once I have registered?
Once registered, you cannot cancel or postpone your registration (except as described below for Step 1/Step 2 CK). If you do not take the exam, you will not receive a refund or credit of your exam fee(s). For detailed information on ECFMG’s payment policy, refer to Payment.

Although you cannot cancel your registration, there are options that provide flexibility. Registered applicants can change their test date and/or test center, subject to availability. See Rescheduling. If you are unable to take Step 1/Step 2 CK during your assigned eligibility period, you can request an extension of your eligibility period for a fee. See Eligibility Period Extension. If you are unable to obtain the appropriate visa to enter the United States to take Step 2 CS, you may request a full refund of the exam fee. See Refunds.

i had to postpone my step-1 exam once and extend my eligibility criteria by paying some 50 dollors or something and at that time i called up ecmfg who told gave me the above info,so i took my exam a day before my eligibility was to end and had to settle for the score of 90.

call up ecfmg and clarify rules keep changing.

GL

Thanks that was very helpful

no, it's not attempt
it does not show up on your USMLE transcript
you only lose the money

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

1st attempt fail or pass low??
Step 1 first attempt: Fail
easy residencies to consider
show Related resources

Exam Master USMLE Step 2 CS Online
Exam Master USMLE Step 1
Kaplan 1-Day Step 2 CS Simulated Exam

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact