Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

study for CS AND Step 2 CK together?  

• 0/5

Author2 Posts

anyone study for BOTH Step 2 CK and the CS at the same time? or is it better to study and take the CS, and then focus on the Step 2 CK after? im going to try and post-match 2006. im studying for both my CS and Step 2 CK right now. i was thinking of taking my CS in a couple weeks, but might postpone until i've done some more Step 2 CK review (anyone else feel like the CK review might help for the CS?). i read somewhere that to make the match for ག CS i should be done by dec 31st. i feel like studying BOTH and trying to find a CS spot 1st or 2nd week of Dec, and then reviewing only Step 2 CK material and taking it 1st week of Feb.

thanks

I'm doing the same thing and I have the CS exam in a couple of weeks so I'll let you know soon if it it workssmiling face

Step 2 CS and step 2 CK have different objectives: one is a communication skill exam (with the patient through the history-taking and with peers through patient note) and the other is a clinical medicine knowledge test. So, for step 2 CS doing the FA minicases to jog one's memory and practicing the Kaplan and UW cases with a study partner is enough, in my opinion. Of course, reading for step 2 CK is going to help but I think you can do without it. Best of luck with your exams.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Cs together with CK !!!!
do you want to study together for CS in NC?
Any one wants to study for step 2 together?
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact