Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Advice on study materials  

• 0/5

Author5 Posts

Hi! I just finished Qbank. My total average is 59%. I scored extremely low in...

Cell Biology (33%),

Physiology (37%),

Molecular Biology (45%),

Genetics (45%),

Biostat(48%),

Anatomy(49%)

Embryology (50%)

Immuno (52%)

Any recommendations on what books I should use to improve my scores? I've been reading Kaplan books and HY for Anatomy & Neuroanatomy only once so far. I need to get a good score on Step 1 since this is my 2nd take.

Thanks!

what I think, you can listen to GOLJAN AUDIOS with his notes, this will help you. Your Physiology score is very LOW you should improve it, for anatomy and embryo you can read HY, I know that kaplan didn't do good job in those 2.

Genetics and Mol bio, bio stats amd Immuno you can trust on kaplan.

Have you finished your 2 readings from Kaplan? Also read First Aid THOROUGHLY....I could find the answers of almost all my incorrect question on Qbank in FIRST AID. Memorize first aid cold. And yes as advised by Shakeels do listen Goljan Audios. Good luck.

I'm gunna start my 2nd read of Kaplan on Nov 2. I've listened to GOLJAN audio once and read his notes with it. I plan to read it again.I still have to memorize First Aid (read it once so far). Thanks for ur advises Shakeels and Sasim! Both of you helped me alot with how I will proceed with my review.smiling face

hi everyone

can you please advise on the the material i need to have for step one prep. i already have Goljan audio and notes. now i am looking for Kaplan home study program. is Kaplan enough for everything? how about First Aid? should i have both of them??

i check for FA and Kaplan home study ( the 4 volumes) on ebay. i think it's very expensive. is there anyway i can get it cheaper??

Nora

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

advice on study materials ... goal is 250 or 260
Advice on Step-2 materials
Step 3 study materials and study group
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Home Study Program
Premier Review Home Study Kit
Family Medicine (National Medical Series Questions and Answers for Independent Study)

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact