Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Birth control Pill and HRT  

• 0/5

Author12 Posts

Is Birth control pill same as HRT

Dosages are same or different???????????????????????????

Given in combination???????????????????? or One after the other???????????

Guys any suggestion?????? I am not getting the anwser

they r different.

in sense that the dose of estrogen on BCp is very high cause here need to suppress the axis unlike the hrt...

Thanks drkpp. Sorry for stressing you at this point of preparation. one more question

Whats the regimen? estrogen and progesterone together or one after the other????????? I mean its different or same for HRT and BCP

The regimen taught in kaplan for HRT is: premarin for days 1 to25 (0.625mg PO, QID) and Provera days 1 to 15 (10 mg PO QID), on day 25-30, we don't give any drugs and wait for withdrawl bleeding (note it will b much less then in reproductive age group)

For OCP's, may preparations are available, combination ocp with both estrogen and prog. given daily in 4 week cycles with first 3 weeks on pill and 1 week off allowing for withdrawl bleed

Progestin only ocp: taken daily and continuousl

Prog only injectable and subcutaneous implant also available allowing for longer administration

wink

Thanks Nisha, but still one more problem,

After you indicated that the topic is taught in kaplan I went through the tapes, I found out that in HRT, provera is given between from day 15 to day 25

Hence in HRT

day 1 to 15 one pill of premarin QID

then from 15 to 25 2pills one premarin and the other provera QID

from 25 to 30 Withdrawl bleeding

The rest is similar to what you have described and my dear gujjubhai drkpp.

I may be wrong. Just want to confirm

i think u have a strikin similarity with the other member of this forum phulonggrin.

both seem to be so research oriented!!!!!!!!!!!

believe me i wld not bother to take so much interest in knowing things in depth.... but the truth is one shld..

keep workin arj and i am sure u ll ace this exam...

USMLE is something different, What I think is right is only correct for the indian practice and most of the time is just opposite to what is practice in US...................especially Ethics .

Hence I have to check twice to make a decision.............................smiling face

Edited by ARJ on Oct 15, 2005 - 9:18 AM

This is what I found on internet

The evidence is that a group of decision-makers who think differently make better decisions than a group who think alike. The only difficulty is that decision-making among people who don't think alike takes more effort. In striving for managerial excellence, we must cultivate patience with which to endure the unexpected twists in a decision-making process among a diverse group of people.

Edited by ARJ on Oct 14, 2005 - 2:41 AM

hmm that means I've written it down wrong..thanx for the correction!

ala tu philosophical pan chee!!!!!!!!wink

...............................................................................................................................

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Birth Control
Sponge Birth Control
HRT and OCP
show Related resources

Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Human Anatomy and Physiology GC 1132
Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact