Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

25 long days to go!!!!!!!  

• 0/5

Author278 Posts

but no negative thoughts now. i'll put in my best and leave the rest to god.

when god takes u to the end of the cliff, only 2 things can happen
either he will catch u
or teach u to fly

help me god.and pray for me guys. hope we all do well .

best of luck

Acemle, buddy in the holy book of gita it is said " Action is in your hands and not the results."

Most imp. thing here is ( even more important then knowing that Ace-I and B blockers both increase the mortality after M.I But ACE-I used only when ejection fraction is decreased.) is the fact that putting in your best effort is what counts rather then gatting a high score. A person who hasent worked as hard as he can when gets a 99/250 thinks , god only if i would have worked hard i would have got 99/280!!!!!! But a person who has worked hard and got a 89 will feel on top of the world. Ofcourse any 99 in any way would do for megrin!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i noted before acemle, "a courageous man is not one who doesnt fear but one who conquers it"- Some elite person

have to do another block of usw and explanations and its already 11 pm. and yes my wife is still to call me- so there goes my good 1,2,3,4,....ammm hrsnod!!!!!!!

OK. Here we go: The final date of exam is the 6th of june. essentially thats 22 long days rather then the previous 25!!!!!!!

I can not afford to postpone the exam anymore. I am gonna accept whatever comes my way but this 22 days, i am gonna max it out. Its not about getting a 99 or about getting a radiology categorial position at some harvard affiliated hospitalwink, its about feeling good and confident that i gave it my best shot. No more video games, no more football or F1, no more of even talking to my wife( have cut it down to once a week), no more of oersonal problems- evryone has them and they cant stop you from reaching your ultimate goal of treating the patients. Its gonna be me, my books and how can i forget my computer( i am gonna miss it the most once am done with the exam)!!!!!!!!

The time table is as follows: Note-this is just not another time table- its a do or die situation

15th- 200 q's usw
16th- 4 hrs of obg notes plus nbme2
17th-, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st- Finish of the rest of usw 1000q's.

Start working on the weak areas of nbme essentially by going thro kaplan notes..
One block of kaplan simulated a day, start going thro the volumes of usw and kap qbank notes

23-

Kaplan notes all the way. With B&W brush up. One or two blocks of questions from any source like qbank, mock or nsm.
26th-NBME3
27th-Will choke out a plan once am done with nbme3
28th-
29th-
30th-
31st-
1st-
6th--------The daygrin

7th onwards start shopping and having fun for the rest of my life relaxing on the hard work that i have put in.............

good going drkpp...you'll ace the usmle for sure. you have been working hard buddy. just stick to this time table. dont change it. no comfort zones allowed. just do it. and thanks again for lifting up my spirits.

acemle, thanks for the kind words. good luck with your preparation. when do you plan to take the exam.

started with dermatology today and must finish it, alongwith all the questions, today before going to sleep. i got 11 hrs with me.

and then its nephrology tomm.

acheilles, my exam is on 30 th.
its coming so fast.days just running away.im trying to do maximum work in each day.
any suggestions , guys for what or how to work in these days?

just about to finish derma. will need another 2 hrs. and then i will start nephrology. i hope to finish it in 2 days but judging my speed a slowpoke like me will need 3 days.

acemle, i know what you are saying. i feel like it was just january yesterday and now we are almost done with half the year !!

i dont know if i will be the best man to ask what to read in the final days but i'll tell you what i have planned. i have been marking questions on the UW which i will review in the last days and also i am planning to read the main topics systemwise. for eg. if i am revising pulmonology then i'll read just asthma, copd,lung cancer and pulmonary embolism and probably atelectasis. so this way i will be done with pulmonology in like 2-3 hrs. i dont know if this is the best way but this is what i can do and this is my plan.

USW notes and kaplan notes- important topics like cardiology and i am gonna be going through B&W too, should do the trick in the last few days i guess.

Have 4 more days for usw. Couldnt do much today cause trying to stop studying at night and get geared up for a long day.....

Achilles i am sure you know this but just a reminder- memorize the values for differentiating prerenal, post renal and ATN azotemia. Very helpful table...wink

Keep pushing guys- Delhi dur nahi!!!!!

Dilli door nahi grin

thanks drkpp. that was a very handy tip. and no, i had'nt thought about it so pls whenever yu have a reminder for me, just give it to me smiling face it'll always be helpful.

going thru nephro and i got good news ! i choose the perfect time to fall sick. viral ! but i am not going to sit down and let the time pass away...i read whatever i can ... even if the viral has slowed my speed even more ( as if it was'nt slow enough ).

aur bahot sahi bole drkpp, delhi dur nahi aur should i say US dur nahi smiling face ( pun intended, i am in canada )

gringringrin

Sorry to hear that achilles. But better now than any latter, right. I know its difficult and frustrating but try taking things optimistically and world does look much more beautiful than we have ever imagined.

Once you are out of this in a couple of days your as* is gonna be on fire and who knows maybe you would study harder then you ever would have!

gringringringringrin

well guys, i am lying here in my bed wrapped in a blanket ... its getting tough to concentrate...havent been able to read much today so just listening to neurology lectures on my laptop. and yes now my a** is on fire already. but to see the good thing in this is that it did not happen so close to the exam or on the exam day...well i just hope that doesnt happen and i havent said something too soon.

i am sure you guys are working hard cause it seems you guys are going to give the exam sooner than i am. happy studying and as for me i am going to listen to the lectures. something is better than nothing.

yup, trying my best. Quite a few questions left on usw. still debating whether to extend or notconfused

By tomorrow have to start with kaplan notes cause feel that the strategy to solve the questions is o.k but the facts and knowledge seems to be corroding......

and achilles, get well soon. Till then take it easy and get as much rest as possible. gringringringrin

From today starts thekap quick review....

21st + 22nd -OBG notes and obg B&W + 150 q's

BAD DAY!!! BAD BAD DAYmadmadmadmadmadmad

Not even finished with B&W obg.... i feel like kicking myselfsadsadsad

Never cry over spilled milk as the saying goes---i am still alive and will be kicking some *** tonight...........

thats the way to go drkpp...finish it tonight whatever it takes...

we just need to stick to what we have planned and keep our focus on the job needed to be done and it will happen for sure.

as for me, i have recovered and now i am a little more tensed up and will try to finish what i had thought by this weekend to compensate for the time lost. hope i can do it. it was the long weekend and we had planned a whole day off to have some fun but now we could not do anything as i had to study to make up for the lost time.

i shall get over with neurology by today evening and then i shall go on to hepatology.

UW is really good and i hope i can do another good revision of UW and that shall put me in a good position for the exam. and then jo hoga dekha jaega.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Khách hàng nên chọn mua bán xe ô tô chính hãng hay xe nhập sẽ có lợi hơn
Mua bán xe ô tô cũ và kinh nghiệm cần biết khi mua xe đã qua sử dụng
results in 25 days
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact