Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Research assistant  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

Hi, I applied for a job in research and got back an offer for a research assistants position in a project.The job is basically going through the patients records and selecting the cases for the study.Is this something that will help my resume or give me a LOR?I am confused whether to take it up or not?Is this the kind of research job that everyone does or is it something else?Should i search for some other position?Waiting for some input! Please help!! -jedi

Edited by jedi on Oct 05, 2005 - 7:58 PM

Hi, I think you should take the job, it's hard enough to get one. I think you should try it.

I need a job, i wish i had an opportunity like that Jedi.

If you could give me some advice, how did you find that research assistant position?, i keep looking but i just can't find anything, please... any advice on where to look would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi drgaxmax, Thanks a lot for your advice.I actually went through the websites of the universities near my house and looked for the research works in progress.Then checked up the website of the researcher in charge ,noted the email and wrote a mail to them along with my resume.I sent about 10 mails to different people,but I immediately got a reply from one of the researchers the same afternoon,and then a phone call by his secretary the same evening and they scheduled for an interview.I was a bit surprised because it was so.. fast and was wondering if I am being exploited!!I started thinking probably,I have applied for a wrong position and they are trying to use me!! Anyways,do try going through all the websites of the universities near you and write to as many researchers as possible and send a good vita!! Hope this helps! -jedi

HEy me too am looking for something liek that as a job coz i dont think im ready to take part in the match as i also want to take my step 3 for which i will need more time. so is there a good tip for those who want to apply for research postion esp me being an img what do you think my chances would be?.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

info- externship/ research assistant
Looking for research assistant position......
bbb, will doing research assistant help me
show Related resources

Auscultation Assistant

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact