Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

dear bbb and other experienced ppl pls advice  

• 0/5

Author12 Posts

hi , i am an img , have done general surgery postgraduation in my home country , step 1 score 99/251 , awaiting step 2 ck & cs results , no USCE , i would be extremely grateful if u could advise on the following issues regarding gen surgery residency:

shd i apply for residency right now or wait 4 my ecfmg certification??
what gives me a better chance for categorical g.surg residency

if i apply now and a program rejects me , will it reconsider after cs, ck scores as i expect to do well

as i get my ck scores & ecfmg certificate, will my application be updated

which is a good and reliable source for img-friendly programs

i'm in desperate need of help
pls advise

thanx a lot

My answer is, and always will be apply as soon as possible. Your application will be updated automatically when new scores and information becomes available.

Good luck

thanx a lot

one more thing , do u think imgexperts and infoimg provide relible info or is it best to call all program coordinators personally

my experience ...call them directly.i have found inconsistencies in the lists that are circulated and you dont want to take a chance.
if you have time go for calling each one personally.
good luck

thanx a lot , u were a gr8 help , inspite of so many forums and sites it's tough to get clear-cut information around here , thanx a lot , best of luck to u in all ur endeavors

HI everybody!!! How about sending emails to the program coordinator for the enquiry?

nod That's a perfect answer Dr. Vrach!

hi bbb,
sorry to trouble u again , i still am confused abut one thing , if i apply to all the programs i want to with only step 1 score , and no ecfmg certificate , won't they reject me , will they reconsider after my application gets updated or would i hv to apply again. pls reply

Edited by newsakshi on Sep 30, 2005 - 11:42 AM

Thanks BBB for the reply... I enquired through emails.. But arround 50 programs in internal medicine didnt reply me and i called them, but their telephones are on answering machine, asking me to leave a message.I cant leave them a message to call me back as i am an IMG calling from India. Shall i forget those 50 programs and select from the programs of which i have information? Please advice BBB.. I already applied to 76 programs already. I applied only to internal medicine programs.

Shall i apply to more programs as my scores are low? step 1 80 and step 2 88(2nd attempt). I am ECFMG certified. I will really appreciate your advice BBB. Thank you.

Any messages about the number of applications that you should do is really beyond what I see as a coordinator. I don't know how many programs is even the average.

Answering emails is tough because it's hard to answer 40-70 emails a day with the questions that applicants are asking.

Good luck

Thanks BBB

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Dear BBB and other pals Plz advice
can someone experienced advice me?
i am depressed-ppl advice
show Related resources

Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Human Anatomy and Physiology GC 1132
Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact