Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Anyone for CK in nov and a match 2006 plan...diary  

• 80/5

Author32 Posts

hey thanks drkpp,

how much this qbank costs n r u using it ????should i take this if i take UW........when r u writing n how far u reached....

mac

mac its like a $150 and has 1000 im questions only. very tough but a good learning experience.

i have my exam on the 20th of october. done with medicine, obg and epidemiology kaplan video lectures and done with 300 im qbank ques..

how about you mac?

hello doc_2004,pankajma,catmd,drkpp.nisha,nail......even i have started for step-2ck few days back,am to give my exam in the last week of nov,feeling very tensed

if anybody has study plans for weekend chats,plz do post me the schedules

right now i have started with IM-cvs,from kaplan notes (first reading)

good luck kalcool

thanks drkpp.....

i m done with medicine surgery n reading pscy n epidemiology now.....first reading......so not done much of quetions....wat u suggest me for doing qs right now or after my first reading......u r doing qs n taking ample amt of time to understand them or just doing with time......

start questions as soon as possible..

but most imp. is reading the explanation. thats what i did for step1 and it worked out..

its not about testing your self (because that the usmle exam does a good job!!!!) but its about learning from the explanation.

thanks drkpp

ur advise for mac007 works for me too

Hi All,
Joining you guys..
Trying for the 2006 match. Taking step 2 in dec. Have CS scheduled for october.
If you guys have not taken CS then definitely take 2 weeks off from CK to study and take CS as CS results are delayed. CK results come as usual.. 4-6 weeks.
Im also an IMG from India. Hopefully my application will be looked though I'll have only 1 score... (still waiting for step1 score)
Let's keep motivating each other...
Who all have their personal statements?
I have to start on mine.. I've heard it takes a long time so how about writing 2-3 lines each day so that we have done in about 1-2 weeks.

Just starting Ck studies.. got a very ambitious plan and too little time.. so need a lot of encouragement. I'm also working part time.

Best of luck everyone.

The personal statement is tough..
I have only 2 lines...
Hows everyone else doing?

terrible docbug. tried writin a cople of times but ended up filling the waste basket....confused

still waitin for some guidance...

Mine took a long time to write, but BBB gave me some good advice, write down 3 questions on the top of the page for guidance, who u are, why u want to do this residency, and why you want it, then just start writing, organise it later

there is one awesome site that will help u out with that. google medfools. they will even edit ur ps for 25$.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

advise required, how to plan for 2006 match
Diary/Study Plan for Step 1
My diary - july 2006
show Related resources

Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Match a Resident
Human Anatomy and Physiology GC 1132

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact