Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

History taking..  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Here u can see some imp. pneum...........

1)LIQORAAABFPD..........

Lcation,intensity,quality,onset,radiation,aggravating ,alleviating factors,associated symp,begining of symp(how did it begin,what were u doing at that time)frequency,progression,duration..............

try to cover all the cases with these starters ,do some adjustments acc. to case.....

ask single ques. to rule out sp. d/d..

then switch on to Pamhugsfoss...don't forget transition sentences....

case wise..

1)paeds case........."ONCALLIDIOT"onset,no.,C___contents,crying,cramps,consistency,color,A_associated symp.------runny none,cough,fever ear discharge,vomiting,skin rashes ,sleep etc.,L--listless baby,lethargic....L---liquid intake,liquids passing or not(urination),I--immunisation up to date,D---diet ,dehydration,day care centre...I--infection in family or close contact..or immunocompromised mom.....O--ors counselling,T_travel history..

2)DEpression-----FACEPISSor sigaecaps.....F-feeling of guilt anger,sadness.A--attention(reg. FORGETFULLNESS)C-concentration,E_energy.......P---psychomotor retardation.I--intrest,hobbies,.S--suicidal thoughts,S.stressor

3)for joint pains..for d/d

FORBID ME...........Fracture,Osteoporosis,ostoarthritis,Rh.arthritis,rotator cuff tear,radial liginjury,radial head dislocation,Bursitis,Dislocation,InjuryMyositis ossificans,Eldely abuse

4)For obs case...

PeTACA..Pregnancy,times,abortions,comlicationns in prv. pregs,any abuse

5)gynae case

FLoRIDABEP....First,last menses,regularity,intermenstrual bleeding,duration(days),abd.cramps,Bleeding after intercourse or during,P.no. of pads need to be changed

5)SHAMISMA....for psych. caseSpeech,Hallucinations,abstract,mood,insight,suicide,mmse,appearance..in the begining ,then go ahead acc. to case

I would like to tell u ,that I got these pneum from one of my friend who is doing her resi in internal medicine in NJ....U can ad some more and rem them acc.

I hope this helps

Edited by oggn on Aug 14, 2005 - 11:12 AM

Wow!!!!!!That is so great.Thanks for sharing.May u get the residency of ur dreamswink

Thank you very much for sharing .This would be very helpful .

Wish you all the best in your residency interviews.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

history and Physical ex. vs just history
question about female history taking
using history taking template-we passed!!
show Related resources

Bates Physical Examination & History

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact