Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

How long it took to process Step 3 appl.  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Hello everyone,
Has anyone here took the Step 3? I plan to seek licensure in CA. SOmeone told me this:
right after completing FSMB online application, it took 6 months only to wait for the schedule permit!!
Is it true? Or is there any other states in the US that process the application within 1 month? Schedule is tight 'cause I can't stay long in the US.
And I'm worried. If I took CA's step 3, can I apply for residency or practice outside CA?

i am in NJ and applied for CT step 3. i got my permit within 10 days of applying online and sending my notarized application form. i know of people who live in CA (and applied for CA step 3) who had trouble getting their permits. FSMB has already sent out their permits twice and up to now, a month later, still no permit. no idea where the fault lies though.

i think and please verify, you can take the Step 3 under another state like CT and still apply for a CA licensure.

Thanks BC!
just got email replies from FSMB officer.
It's OK to sit step 3 in one state, do residency in another, apply for license in yet one another state.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Surgery appl with Step 1 Score for IMG?
lets start a string for all those who r gonna appl
lets start a string for all those who r gonna appl
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact