Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Dear bbb  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

I posted this elewhere and then realised this is right forum for my q.

i'm an IMG from India, now a Canadian citizen - you seem to know a lot about visa reqmts - please help - will I need one to work as a resideent in the US? is there any website I could refer to?

Thank you!

Yes, you will need a visa. Doctors from Canada cannot work in the USA without a J or H visa. NAFTA doesn't cover you.

Thank you bbb for your quick answer

After your reply I went online to see what exactly I needed and I'm stunned at is what I've discovered today after doing all kinds of web searches....
Long story short, I had NO idea that in order to get a statement of need from my local Health auhority here in Canada, I HAVE to pass the MCCEE.
I'm a little taken aback at the fees etc - another $1000!! , but it is a requirement. I wonder if this is something new?

I still have to figure out the DS0019 form ( I got that from the J-1 info site) :shock:

I would have missed the deadline for applications completely - as it is I have to now stick to some strict timelines as in Canada there are fixed dates for the exams and the only option I have is 8th September (deadline May)

So THANK YOU for telling me. If you have any further suggestions/advice on timelines please do reply.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

to dear bbb
Dear bbb
Dear BBB, home country letter of approva
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact