Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

USMLE #3  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Honestly, I'm at lost. Please tell me who need to take the USMLE3? Can you get USMLE #3 at any state eventhough you'll go to a different state? I had few selections since my exams are more than 7 years. I had a feeling that I would be match at the Teneesee program but I'm not eligible to take the USMLE #3 there. What do I have to do?

Step 3 is the final of the USMLEs. It is designed to determine whether you are capable of practicing unsupervised medicine so it is strongly weighted towards diagnosis and management versus pathophysiology and stuff.

Different states have different requirements to sponsor you for Step 3. The cool thing is you do not have to be a resident to use a state. In fact, it is better to go through one of the liberal states that do not require any postgraduate training, simultaneous application for license.

You could take the step 3 through say CT which has no PGY requirements.

The 7 year requirement is a different story. This actually affects whether a state will grant you a license to practice. Most states require all three exams in a 7 year period with a few exceptions for MD/PhD Med scientists.

Here is the info:

www.fsmb.org/USMLE_updates/...mits_for_passing_usmle.htm

You may be able to petition Boards to grant you a license. But if not you will not be able to practice otherwise. You might have to retake all steps at this point or be limited to like 3 states.

www.fsmb.org/2005usmle/html...files/lic_requirements.htm

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the information.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

USMLE WORD Q-bank useful for step1 usmle.
USMLE WORLD Q-Bank useful for step1 usmle.
USMLE RX vs KAPLAN vs USMLE STEPS123
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
Underground Clinical Vignettes USMLE Step 1
USMLE Step 1 Secrets

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact