Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Qbank cd rom vs online Qbank from kaplan  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Hi guys,

I am an IMG from Australia, I was just wondering if the Q bank CD Rom was exactly the same with the online Qbank from Kaplan website

Can anyone help mesmiling face? I heard it was the same, but just wanna make sure since I don't know which one to buy.

thanks a lot guys

happy studying all

qbank cdrom from kaplan themselves or ebay?

Hi greeniesh,

From what I've seen, there are illegal copies of Kaplan Q bank floating around in many of the USMLE forums and on ebay. Kaplan DOES NOT have q bank available on CD rom. It is only available as an online subscription of 1 or 3 months.
Someone sent me a copy of the Step 2 Q bank via a zip file 2 years ago from one of the USMLE forums and it was not the same as the actual online version. I had subscribed to the real thing before and I noticed that it didn't have the timed mode or an ongoing record of your progress in different subject areas. The answers were also posted below each question so it was very tempting to take a peek while answering questions.
If you can afford the $179, I would recommend subscribing to the real thing. You never know if the answers are wrong or if the questions are outdated.

Hope this helps,
pinkangel

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Kaplan CD-Rom
NMS Review for USMLE Step 1 (Book with CD-ROM)
Qbook vs Qbank (Online vs CD)
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank
Kaplan Lecture Notes: Pediatrics

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact