Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Migrate Exchange to Office 365?  

• 100/5

Author49 Posts

The cutover migration is as simple as getting all users from the source server and pasting them in Office 365. Sounds simple, but there is much more to that. In another article, you can find a detailed cutover migration plan. Below, you can find some steps you need to take before you migrate mailboxes from Exchange 2010 to Office 365.

First, you need to prepare your environment. The preparation and planning might take less time than the actual migration, but it still requires a lot of attention. Below, are the steps to Migrate from Exchange 2010 to Office 365.
Update your Exchange 2010 server to SP3. While it is not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
Before you perform the cutover migration, you should disable directory synchronization and unified messaging, if they are turned on.
Enable and configure Outlook Anywhere. In the newest Exchange Server flavors, this is done by default. In Exchange 2010; however, you need to complete this step on your own. To successfully configure Outlook Anywhere, you need to install a trusted SSL certificate and the RPC over HTTP component on your server. You can test whether the configuration went well by connecting to your Exchange 2010 from outside of your network. This will be tested automatically when you connect Office 365 to Exchange 2010, but the manual test will save you some possible hassle later.
Assign permissions. There are certain permissions you must assign to the account used for migration. It is common practice to use a dedicated user account for the migration, which has only the minimal required permissions assigned. The permissions the migrating account needs are ApplicationImpersonation and View-Only Configuration for the Exchange Server and Office 365. Additionally, the target Office 365 environment requires View-Only Recipients role and User management administrator if it is also responsible for re-creating users in Exchange Online.
Create a mail-enabled security group in Office 365. Otherwise, the migration service cannot provision any migrated groups as security groups in Office 365
Verify your domain in Office 365. It requires you to add a TXT record in your DNS zone.
Use Exchange Admin Center to create a migration endpoint. The endpoint contains all the information necessary to connect your Exchange 2010 server to Office 365.
Create and start the cutover migration batch. The batch includes all mailboxes and requires the migration endpoint configured a step before. This is the point when the actual migration happens. After the data transfer is finished, it is worth verifying if everything had gone well. You also need to assign licenses to users.
Now for the post-migration cleanup, switch your domain’s MX record to point to Office 365. After the TTL passes, emails are routed directly to Office 365. You can delete your migration batch and decommission the on-premises servers.

I hope this method will be helpful!
Mark Wilson

Some people today have the problem of migrating Outlook backup files to a new computer. It would be interesting to know if there is any solution to this problem since I am also going to buy a new computer?

A couple of months ago, I solved this problem because I bought a new computer and wanted Transfer Outlook Archive Files to a New Computer. Thanks to the www.outlooktransfer.com/ho...e-files-to-a-new-computer/ website, my archive was at the moment on a new computer and everything works perfectly.

That's a pretty comprehensive article! One of the gotchas we faced was that you can't use the Domain Admin account to login to webmail. We wasted quite a bit of time chasing out tails on that one, until we realized and created a new account to test with.

JIM | Wollongong Curtains

For school projects, I need to download PowerPoint. Is it possible to download only PowerPoint from Microsoft Office? I don't need all Microsoft programs. I only need PowerPoint to create presentations.

I only use three programs from Microsoft Office. It is a Word, Excel and PowerPoint program. I know that if you activate your Microsoft Office account, it will activate all the programs inside the Office 365 package, so go right here and activate your account. Therefore, you should not bother and buy activation only on PowerPoint.

I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks Thermicroll spiraalroldeur

Hi there! Nice stuff, do keep me posted when you post again something like this! Boxed game World of tanks

This article is an appealing wealth of informative data that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. You’ve got what it takes to get attention. inceptial

where we take the ideas, opinion and the client requirements for re-formulated in unique and elegant design meets the client needs, touch his taste and ideas in architectural way that embodies the reality of actual spaces. interior design company

I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers Raptology

This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: Sate of Michigan

Without fail, your writing style is top professional; even your website also looks amazing thank you for posting. Hoxiear

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Soloprime

Recently, I have commenced a blog the info you give on this site has encouraged and benefited me hugely. Thanks for all of your time & work. Trade Firm blog click here

Gulf Bridge International(GBI) is a global cloud, connectivity and content enabler. We are a carrier’s carrier with working within Qatar’s Telecom sector. Our multilayer terrestrial and subsea cable meshed network bridges the East to the West through Middle East. Gulf Bridge International offers a wide range of products and services including but not limited to GCC Connectivity products, Data Centre Connectivity and Azure ExpressRoute. GBI is dedicated to turning the region into a global connectivity hub. Telecom Qatar

What a sensational blog! This blog is too much amazing in all aspects. Especially, it looks awesome and the content available on it is utmost qualitative. Buy Hotmail Accounts

Tropicanna Dispensary and Weed Delivery 1628 S Grand Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705 (714) 701-8186. The Tropicanna Marijuana Dispensary is a one of a kind cannabis store and delivery located in Santa Ana, California. It was created to make you feel fantastic about shopping for cannabis. It is an oasis in a desert of cannabis shops starving to deliver an experience worth remembering. https://thetropicannalife.com/

This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: 4x8 cnc router

Pretty good post. I have just stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed reading your blog posts very much. I am looking for new posts to get more precious info. Big thanks for the useful info. Aluminium ramen

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Migrate office 365 tenant
Khách hàng nên chọn mua bán xe ô tô chính hãng hay xe nhập sẽ có lợi hơn
Mua bán xe ô tô cũ và kinh nghiệm cần biết khi mua xe đã qua sử dụng
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact