Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Diff of Step 1 2001 vs 2004 Kaplan lec notes?  

• 0/5

Author14 Posts

hi.does anyone know how different is the USMLE step 1 2001 edition Kaplan lecture notes from the 2004 edition? Im palnning to take the step 1 next year and I have the 2001 edition.Thanks for your response. grin

There are some differences, but not many. I have compared the Pathology for instance in the two editions, and the only fdifference that I found is that thay have added a chapter summary at the end of each chapter in 2004, and of course they have now one book per each suject so there are 7 books instead of 3 big ones.
I heard that the Kaplan Institute has released some sort of update for the previous editions so the 2001 edition and the updates to it would probably be the same as the 2004 edition.
Hope this helps,
A.

thanks friscan2b grin

anyway to get ahold of those errata? I was able to purchase the 2001 lecture series from my local half price books.

(really cheap).

E-bay and maybe other forums.
Good luck,
A.

As I was browsing through ebay I have found that someone was selling the update for the old kaplan books. I think it was like $ 20. They claim kaplan has provided those updates to its students who already has older versions rather than giving them brand new books. I have not verified it but I thought I will share.
good luck

GO TO THIS SITE AND LET ME KNOW --http://uk.geocities.com/usmle_and_you/step1/step1book_difference.html

hrmmm?

I know I have the 2001 set. Is there anything on that website about errata?

Gimme your email - I'll send you some errata Imbebo :-)

thanks

[email protected]

can u also email me the errata of kapaln books
[email protected]
thanks

Hi smallfidget,Would you please pass me the errata of kaplan book 2001.I would really appreciate it.My e-mail address is [email protected]
Thanks

Hi,
i took kaplan live lectures in 1999 but for some reason could not take the test.now iam getting back to studies.the materials that i have is from that course.
so my qs is that should i get the new kaplan notes or just get the updates and also which other books should i read. Where can i get the updates?please help.

thanks

"docohio" wrote:
Hi,
i took kaplan live lectures in 1999 but for some reason could not take the test.now iam getting back to studies.the materials that i have is from that course.
so my qs is that should i get the new kaplan notes or just get the updates and also which other books should i read. Where can i get the updates?please help.

thanks

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Kaplan Lec Videos vs Lec Notes?
kaplan notes 2001 or 2004
diff in first aid 2004 vs 2006
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact