Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Hijab and Residency  

• 85/5

Author415 Posts

Hi. I wear the hijab(headscarf) and I’m not willing to give it up at all. I’ve always wanted to work in a stimulating environment like the United States and I also need to support my family in the following years. I was really looking forward to take my Step 1 next year till I came across some depressing headlines and comments full of hatred against muslims on social media, forums and on the internet in general. Ever since I’ve seen those, I’m considering staying back where I am. I really want to know from the residents out there, is it difficult to live in the US with the headscarf on? Should I really step back and stay away from the US if I want to continue wearing the hijab(headscarf)?

Asalam alaikum
Im an IMG that graduated residency frm 2013. This was my favorite forum to goto back in the day. I happened to come across your post since Im helping my husband now.

Though the environment is starting to get bad here dont let it deter u because ure a hijabi. Its all taqdeer. I only started hijab in my 3rd yr of residency and was pretty scared about how ill get a job etc. But now that Im practicing I find I was overreacting. Yes, you do have to prove yourself more than others because of the hijab, but if you are intelligent and most importantly have a friendly personality that comes across, then you shouldnt inshaAllah have as much trouble as you think. Its still manageable. But I did grow up here, so I understand the customs here and what they are looking for in interviews. They dont want someone shy, or stand offish. They want someone who they can communicate with and whose friendliness shines through and someone who they can relate to.

Also the medical world have more open minded staff/ppl so less discriminatory. Just dont be lazy. Work hard while in residency. InshaAllah you will get it

Im interested,taking my test this summer.Let me know best carpet cleaner

Our prior goal is to surpass all the expectations of our client by providing outstanding customer support service, greater value and increased flexibility which in results optimize system functionality and improve operation efficiency.
erp software company in india
erp for Construction
erp software providers
online erp software company
hospital management software in india
pathology software

Our team is motivated and dedicated to providing you a seamless experience when it comes. csgo smurf

We are best Professional SEO, Digital Marketing, Web Designing and Web Development Company.
seo agency in bangalore
top web designing company in bangalore
smo company in bangalore
best seo company in bangalore

Yes, you should not give it up, and complain to the HR department. People working at essayreviewuniverce.com/be...stdissertation-com-review/ with me agree with this decision. Let us know what happens!

Kopar at Newton is a upcoming brand new launch condominium on the Kampung Java Government Land Sale (GLS) which is near the Newton Circus and Bukit Timah Road.
kopar at newton showroom

This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here. Thank you so much. Keep up the good works https://socialsmedia.net

It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! Haus Kauf Haselünne

I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! tostar café

A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing the information, keep doing awesome... I truly delighted in investigating your site. great asset... Heart Touching Emotional Quotes In Hindi

Very informative post ! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign ! cours modélisation 3d studio max

I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. media painters

Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. Pain relief

Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback. digitale bank

I am glad to read this article. google

Let's not kid ourselves - America is filled with racists. There's no point in denying that. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to get a good start in couch cleaning, and it didn't matter how hard or smart I was working. You should value your identity and cut yourself loose from companies that refuse to recognize your value.

this is great! mold removal buffalo ny

Hmm. They should respect you wearing a hijab like how you respect them.

rent to own homes in columbia sc COVID-19 Is Serious

Edited by Chris889 on Nov 05, 2020 - 6:08 AM

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Hijab and Residency
hijab
head scarf and residency
show Related resources

Blueprints in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Human Anatomy and Physiology GC 1132
Kaplan Lecture Notes and Qbank