Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Failed Step 2CK-school dismissed  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

So, I failed Step 2CK for the 3rd time, this time I was ONE point short of passing! Finally got put on ADHD meds before 3rd time so I actually studied this time. First time I took it I was out of state on an audition rotation at an Army hospital and was overwhelmed hours wise, so didn't study. Second time I got sick, I mean really sick as in antibiotics and an antiviral, two weeks before the test and got next to no studying done. The school's stupid policy is 3 strikes your out, but that can't be the end of the road. I completed every other requirement, by the way they didn't exactly like me at this school and kept making me feel I was dumb when the whole time I actually had undiagnosed ADHD, that THEIR doctors could not figure out, they just kept telling me I couldn't focus because I was depressed. So, does anyone have experience or information on what I can do? A friend suggested I try contacting other medical schools to see if I can transfer my credits and take the exam again, THIS TIME apply for ADA Accommodations, which my school discouraged me from trying to get for Step 2 CK. However, I have never heard of anyone being able to do that, but I know you HAVE to be registered in a medical school to take Step 2 CK and get your MD. I am desperate for an answer, after 6 years and over $300,000 in loans I can't just stop because I fell one point short (74 instead of 75 and 188 instead of 189)!

I assume you're an AMG, so you should be able to get a residency down the road even with a couple of failures on step 2 (assuming you cleared step 1 and 2 cs first try). You should start contacting med schools in your area and inquire about the possibility of transferring.

When you do take the exam, make sure you get a good score. Otherwise, in the eyes of PD's, your multiple failures will be a major red flag. Just do NBME's to accurately asses your strengths and weaknesses. If you had done so the first time, you would never have failed the exam.

Good luck.

hii,
i am just replaying to support you & encourage u , yea yr situation seams unfamiliar & uncommon but it is not the end until u give up & decide so ...
look at the positive advantages & the negatives ...
1) U R an AMG .... which is an advantage some how than being IMG as the rest of us n this forum .
2) you took yr exams when u shouldn't take it or post pone it or even dont sit for it & count it as a trial .
3) stimulant drugs r really efficient & with it plus exercise .. u will be better than us for sure !!!
try another college as yr yr friend suggested & study hard & as obecalp said : take the nbme & the uw stimulation exam to predict yr score this time
good luck & keep going , we r all here in this forum to support & push each other .

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

HELP!!! failed step 1 3x, dismissed from
Dismissed
Got dismissed at 6 months
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact