Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Plzzzzz help me!!!urgent!  

• 0/5

Author2 Posts

hello
I am an IMG preparing for step1,i applied for step1 in january2011 with all the forms & formalities & at that point i took the march april may slot for the exam thinking that all the requirements would be completed by march & i can sit in april.
Since i am in states,i sent forms to my medical college after getting it notarised but due to some reason or other form 186 got rejected,i sent it again in the month of may back to my college & it took freaking 2months for that form to be accepted & today i.e july12 i was notified through email that my application is accepted & my slot is july aug sept!!it took 6months for all this stupid paperwork to get completed & i was so frustrated with it that i didnt prepare with all my heart..i kept waiting n waiting n studied like ok lets see my form is still in process...
Now the problem is that i will not be able to sit in the exam when i wanted n due to some of my personal reasons n medical grounds i cannot sit for next 6months..the next 6mnths when i am eligible...is there any criteria that i can postpone my exam to jan feb march2012 by any chance without filling the whole fee of 700$ all over again????
PLz help me,is there a chance that on medical grounds one can extend the exam beyond the eligibility period???
I would really appreciate any help coz i dont want to screw my exam by sitting for it now neither do i want to fill the whole lumpsome fee again!!!

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Unfortunately I have no idea how can it be resolved but my suggestion would be to call ECFMG and ask directly from them.
Wish you the best.

On Jul 13, 2011 - 6:37 AM, punu6 responded:
hey thanks CanDo!!
yup i called ecfmg,they asked me to send them the medical documents & then they'll see what they can do...or if they cant do anything!!!god knows!!
thanks a lot.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

plzzzzz help , very urgent
help me plz plz plz plz plzzzzz
plzzzzz advice me
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact