Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

CS experience - Chicago center  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

Well, I have just completed my CS in Chicago! I couldn’t get flight for O'Hare Airport. Which left me with only one choice - Midway International Airport. I knew it is far from exam centre however it took me more than 40 minutes to reach there with cost of too much money.

Exam was in the afternoon!! Proctors were really friendly. Materials reviewed from First Aid 3rd edition but the one helped me really was the Step 2 CS application that I downloaded in iPhone. The cases I got in exam were almost covering by the application. Thank god, I got chance to review all the cases on my way to test centers. Even the challenging questions were almost similar that I have studied through the application.

I almost finished all the cases on time except for a case where I was writing the Patient Note when the time ran out!! So try to practice in time mode!!!

I would strongly recommend anyone going for exam to have some kind of CS Application or material saved prior to appear in exam. That helps lot in time consuming situation like Travelling.

Wish you best luck for your exam!!!

Cheers smiling face

I'm looking for hotels near the CS center in Chicago. It will just be for a weekend visit but since I have never been there I was hoping that someone could offer me some advice on which hotel to stay at. I was advised to look into the "choose chicago" website for Chicago hotels but I would really like a first hand review as well. Thanks for the help! I need an answer by the middle of next month. Looking forward to the trip.

cong!! i am taking it on the 22nd of december. could you tell me exactly witch app you did use on iphone. i am using an android.

thanks!

Nice post. Keep posting.

term paper writing
research paper writing
book report writing

Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you know if the CS application is also available for android phones as well technical writers

My Step2 CS experience:

I am a 30yr old IMG. I participated my CS exam at Chicago.

I am usually happy smily person and my english as second language is fine. I talk loud and clear enough that usually people don't have problem with my english.

I knocked, introduced my self, smiled and made good eye contact and empathy, draped washed hand or put on gloves,
I did the following misakes at the exam:

1- First case i asked all questions, told the patient a summary and did a complete Physical including a complete neuro exam, at the end of PE I couldt do closure on this first case and time finished. I shaked hand smiled and thanked.

2- In the 4th case which was blood in stool, I forgot asking PMH, Drug H, Social and sexual.

3- In 4th case who was a black man once he asked me to repeat a word (Fatigue) which he couldn't understand my pronounciation first time.

4- in all other cases I finished 1-2 minutes a head of time and came out for notes. I am sure in all cases I would have forgotten to do one of the detailed physical exams, or forgotten to ask few related questions, but in all of them I never stopped asking, talking, consulting or doing physical exam. I had no pause, so logically there was no more time to ask or do more physical exam even if it was necessary.

5- In my closures, most of them I said pretty same things except I told them my first and probably second guess on diagnosis and told them about simple blood test, probable imaging and some times

6- In my telephone case, I forgot to mention in the notes diagnostic workup about "Physical exam"

7- In one woman case with menstural problem I forgot to tell her about gyneco exam, but I mentioned that in my notes work up tests. I also forgot to order LH/FSH for her workops.

8- In many of my notes I may have forgotten to write down few things which I have asked the patient or few observations I had from the patient.

9- In a cough patient I listened to lung sounds but for got to do tactile and percussion on lungs.

10- On a patient who didn't have 2 fingers, I asked him about it but for got to write in my notes about his fingers which was not related to the case problem.

Will I pass??!!!

My Step2 CS experience:

I am a 30yr old IMG. I participated my CS exam at Chicago.

I am usually happy smily person and my english as second language is fine. I talk loud and clear enough that usually people don't have problem with my english.

I knocked, introduced my self, smiled and made good eye contact and empathy, draped washed hand or put on gloves,
I did the following misakes at the exam:

1- First case i asked all questions, told the patient a summary and did a complete Physical including a complete neuro exam, at the end of PE I couldt do closure on this first case and time finished. I shaked hand smiled and thanked.

2- In the 4th case which was blood in stool, I forgot asking PMH, Drug H, Social and sexual.

3- In 4th case who was a black man once he asked me to repeat a word (Fatigue) which he couldn't understand my pronounciation first time.

4- in all other cases I finished 1-2 minutes a head of time and came out for notes. I am sure in all cases I would have forgotten to do one of the detailed physical exams, or forgotten to ask few related questions, but in all of them I never stopped asking, talking, consulting or doing physical exam. I had no pause, so logically there was no more time to ask or do more physical exam even if it was necessary.

5- In my closures, most of them I said pretty same things except I told them my first and probably second guess on diagnosis and told them about simple blood test, probable imaging and some times

6- In my telephone case, I forgot to mention in the notes diagnostic workup about "Physical exam"

7- In one woman case with menstural problem I forgot to tell her about gyneco exam, but I mentioned that in my notes work up tests. I also forgot to order LH/FSH for her workops.

8- In many of my notes I may have forgotten to write down few things which I have asked the patient or few observations I had from the patient.

9- In a cough patient I listened to lung sounds but for got to do tactile and percussion on lungs.

10- On a patient who didn't have 2 fingers, I asked him about it but for got to write in my notes about his fingers which was not related to the case problem.

Will I pass??!!!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Anyone taking Kaplan center prep in Manhanttan 56St center?
Kaplan center or Not kaplan center
Atlanta cs center experience
show Related resources

USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
NY CS PREP
Gold Step 2 CS Prep

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact