Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Realistic timeline  

• 0/5

Author4 Posts

Hi guys I am moving over to this forum from the step 1 forum.
My question is that I have recently completed step 1 and CS and now need to start preparing for step 2 CK, my test is booked for steptember 1st and I am only now beginning prep for it.
so...1) is three months realistic for this exam? what are the recommended times? I am an average student who studies max 6-7 hrs per day but will increase it as needed.

2) What books do u feel are most valuable? I have kaplan and the new MTB and FA. I heard FA is useless for step 2CK but many say MTB is pretty good. Would MTB be sufficient for smaller subjects like psych and surgery or is it lacking? am using this in conjunction with UW.

thank you for ur time.

3 months is ideal, every day, 6 to 7 hours or more, depending.

kaplan plus uw. kaplan plus uw. kaplan plus uw.

about halfway through, or once you've completed one full read, do an nbme. anyone. 500 or better is recommended. if you can do all four of them. 500 or better on each of them means you will have no problem on the real thing.

then go gung ho on your weak subjects, while revising your strong ones as well, and then just do it in September.

and don't worry. you will probably pass with flying colors. I can't, but you can. If you can't be an athlete, support the athletes. So the above is all you need. Repeat, repeat, repeat. I would forget about MTB and FA altogether. Kaplan plus uw. Kaplan plus uw.

God bless you, that you may pass these exams, get certified, and fulfill your dream to be a resident somewhere.

thank you for taking the time to answer drifter, it is highly appreciated

Why is it that on the step 1 forum u ask a q and a million ppl reply but in the step 2 ck and cs forums no one is interested lolz?

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

realistic 1 interview match
My Realistic Correlation with NBME
is it realistic?
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact