Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

How long anyone can stay ?  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

Hi, i am a foreign med student. My question is, should anyone wait in the US after taking step 2CS for result??or he/she should come back and then after result(pass) , he/she will go to the US again and apply for residency??? Its kind of tough for so many students. So, is there any way to travel there on Tourist visa, then take CS, stay there , pass and meet the match on that visa ( of course he will apply for work permit before applying for residency).please, explain to me about those points. These are killing me. thank you.

Even if u come with a tourist visa the maximum stay will be 6 months. SOme pple get 3 months. U can renew the visa before the end of the 6 months...alleging interviews. However the question is how do you fund yourself in this period? the USA is expensive. If the CS is around September then I think it makes sense to stay through the interview process since they are both close each other.
When do u plan to write the exams?
When do u plan to apply?

thnx a lot. yes , expensive thats a problem...but Ill be staying with my sister over there. Actually, I dont wanna come back before residency...cz its not possble to go again for September match..I need to go there once and then complete all successive steps. and i willl have to go in 2014..not before that grin. thanx again.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

How long can I stay in US with J1?
Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish
stay or not to stay
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact