Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

How can I improve my spoken engli  

• 0/5

Author5 Posts

This is my frist post. Recently I past the step 1 & I would like to go for cs first. But the problem is my spoken english.I am very worried. I am working at free clinic with a group of us doctors but most of the time i didn't understand their conversation. What should i do?

Safwaan wrote:
This is my frist post. Recently I past the step 1 & I would like to go for cs first. But the problem is my spoken english.I am very worried. I am working at free clinic with a group of us doctors but most of the time i didn't understand their conversation. What should i do?

Get into an English as a Second language course - that should help. Listen to English TV, radio, speak it all the time that you can. Your written English is just as important:

Recently I passed the step 1 & I would like to go for cs first. But the problem is my spoken english.I am very worried. I am working at a free clinic with a group of us doctors but most of the time i don't understand their conversation. What should i do?

Thanks bbb.
The thing is that when I listen TV, radio I understand allmost everything but when I speak with someone I can't understand.

Perhaps one-on-one English sessions. If you are in the States, start talking with everyone you see. If you are not in the States, corner all your friends and ask them to start prepping with you in English.

Thank you again bbb. I am very depressed. I don't know what happen in future.
Graduated almost 10 yrs ago, came here in US 2006 & staying at home without doing anything except raising 2 kids & cooking. No clinical experience here in US. I just finished step 1 with mid 80 & start doing observership at a free clinic. Sometimes I think I should quit & sometimes I think I should continue.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Problem with spoken english
Spoken English
Need help with Spoken English?
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact