Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

FAILED... so Depressed  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

Got The Score Today... FAIL! yes I don't believe it.
Passed the CIS and SEP and FAIL ICE!?

Took The Test the 20th January in LA
Im so Depressed...

Step1 85
Step2 99

Need Help!

i failed today too in LA JAN 8
i also failed in ICE under data gathering...so sad and depressed and i dont know what im gonna do..

STEP 2CK 88
American FMG

Attached Files:
Untitled.jpg (193 KB, 121 downloads)
attachment

Hi Adamshaban1

your Report looks almost as mine... guess we just have to study harder and practice more. I'm thinking on taking a course, just don't know which one is the best.

Tomorrow Ill apply for the CS, and start reading... again. I think i'm going to take the test some place else al dough I know has nothing to do.

yeah im still trying to absorb what happened..and i dont think i will take a course because i think everything the course will teach me i already know!
its just that i didnt put much effort into it being SPECIFIC to the case...i used FA as if it was a holy book,especially with the generalized physical exam techniques and so in the test when the cases came slightly different i started to panic and miss important things(like in a depressed patient i forgot to ask about hypothyroid problems,thus forgot to do a neck exam in the PE)
when do you plan to retake your test?
as for me i think i will stick to the LA center because i live in california and i can not be adding to more expenses with planes and rental car + exam fee :-/

guys sth is going on with this exam..i failed in ICE(data gathering) as well a couple of months ago...all the cases were from FA and uw.after the exam i went thru the books and i found that in every case i asked about 90% of the questions ...in some 100%...guys i m not trying to impress...this is the truth...
i m an img ..top 3 of my class...step 1 high 99..
i practised 3 times the FA cases so b4 the exam i knew even the answers and the sequence of cases in the book.
after the exam i had a feeling that i might fail in pt note as i have bad hand writing but i thought that data gathering will offset for it.
A friend of mine took the exam totally unprepared without mnemonics and of course he failed but his ICE was in high performance and he couldnt believe it!
This exam is totally a BS..i was aiming for residency in a uni hospital but i guess this is impossible now due to this b......t
My opinion is :if u are lucky u ll pass...otherwise no matter how many commercial courses u take u ll fail...

Edited by stepmann on Mar 03, 2011 - 10:50 AM

stepman i had the same experience with a friend that i basically tutored the entire way but in the end he passed with a high data gathering and ice component..and he doesnt have any USCE or any other STEPS done
we even took the test same day,same center,same set of patients!!!!! so im really down,ive managed to gather myself up alittle and am now thinking of what im going to do next

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

so depressed about NBME performance!!!
Opinions please...So depressed.
failed:( and depressed.
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact