Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Visitor visa-help needed  

• 0/5

Author6 Posts

Hi i am from india. My step 1 score is 237/99 and am planning to give ck in april end. i plan to go for b1/b2 visa interview after that and give cs in june.. now here are my questions:- 1. Do i wait for my ck results before going to the visa iv or should i go right after my exams? 2. And do we get the visa only for cs or we can also do our USCE with it? 3. Does that letter from ecfmg(regarding our cs exam date) help? Please if anyone knows a thing about this, please guide.. Thank you

Hello milind,
Here is what i know.
1) Ofcourse you have to have your step 2 CK result printout along with that of step 1 when u r taking ur interview..so it is better to wait for the result and apply for visa immediately after that.

2) Most of the time, they give u a 3 month or 6 month stay duration.If u get 3 months, it is better that to take CS in that and do some sort of observership in that duration..but if u get 6 months,then u can easily go for research.I will let u know if i find out more about it. One more important thing is that when you apply for visa, u have to show strong ties to ur country like a job letter so that they r sure u will come back to ur country after taking CS.

3) The next best step after ur step 2 CK exam is that u should immediately apply for step 2 CS as the dates r hard to find and right now June is available..and the application takes some time to process and u can schedule after u get ur scheduling permit..

Additionally..to summarize...the documents that u need for ur visa interview are
1) Your CS exam date confirmation printout
2) Your Step 1 and Step 2 CK scores
3) A job letter stating that u have been working in a particular hospital and that u will return to this hosp after ur CS exam..( I am writing this becoz my visa got rejected on this basis a week ago.. i am sad..so i want to help you out in this regard)
4) CS Visa letter..once ur application is processed..u will find out what that is
5) Bank account summary
6) Your graduation degree..just to be on the safe side..

If i remember anything else..ill let u know...GOOD LUCK and remember me in prayers...

Thank you so much chocolate 26,

Few more questions:-

1. When do i take the dates for visa interview? Some people here say that they are not easily available so you have to take months in advance while some say it is available even a week before. can you clear that for me?

2. The problem with going for visa after my ck results is that already my results would come by may end and i have to take cs in june end. so i will have only a month to do all the visa process+prep for cs. So should i try once before my ck results?

3. Are you applying for 2012 match? Did you get your visa?

4. Totally unrelated but how much time do you think we need for a good prep for cs?

I hope you get your visa and your residency.....

1) Depends upon the season..sometimes u can get a visa interview date as soon as a week..sometimes takes longer..i got the date after 10 days of applying..so u can just hope that u get it earlier.

2) well i would suggest applying for the visa one week before the expected date of ur CK result..so that whatever date u get is after u have ur CK result in hand..If u go for ur visa without ur score..there is a great chance it will be rejected and u will just have a visa rejection on the record..Just start ur CS prep bit by bit before u get ur CK result so that u don't feel burdened in the month of June.

3) Well i had planned for 2012 match but unless i get my visa soon..i will have to wait a bit longer since i have to have some experience of working in U.S hospitals too..

4) I have yet to take CS..but everybody has told me that one month is enough...just practice practice with a study partner...i don't think skype is a good way..u should find a study partner near you..

Thanx a lot..I hope this info helps you..Take care

Hi, Am preparing for step-1 but as you all of u know that from july 17th 2011 we need to type patient notes compulsory. I am not turtle but average. I fear that in that 10min time can we finish up typing in that anxious environment. I like writing paper patient notes so thinking whether go or not to cs...but visa is issue.We can convince visa officer bcz as per guideliness we can give steps in any order. with some forum experiences i see differentversions. somegot 10yr ME visa with out steps and some got with step-1 only and some got rejected due to only step-1 but not ck score. I think all depends on our convincing answers.

I think i can convince VO by telling that i can give step-1 in india after CS. anyone got this experience and how VO responded..plz share and give advices. Particularily hyderabad consulate,india.

OR shall i take step-1 and go for CS with typing practice later?
All step-1 result after may 17th will come up only on july 13th as per usmle news.So even though i give step-1 after my 17th as per my plan i cannot go to VO with step-1 score bcz i will get them on july 13th and again july 16th is last date for paper patient notes....what a situation here..haha

While just checking for CS visa dates i see that they ask "Purpose of visit" In options i choosed Tourism/Family vist/ all other and Type of visa..its however B1/B2...iam sure about type of visa BUT AM NOT sure about purpsoe of visa...In options listed in that i feel".Tourism/Family vist/ all other" is BEST CHOICE...am i correct

plz advice

Thanks for all. This information is wonderful.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

help in visitor visa
visitor's visa
Visitor visa for CS/interview
show Related resources

U.S. Visa News

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact