Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Step 2 CS before other steps?  

• 100/5

Author4 Posts

Hey,

I read that Step 2 CS can be taken before Step 1 and Step 2 CK, and I'm thinking of doing this to be able to apply with only 1 gap year between medschool and residency. Avoiding the gap year is impossible for FMGs I guess, because you need to become ECFMG certificated before applying.

Can you take Step 2 CS before graduation?

Yes, you can.

Yes, thank you Spiderman1...

I think it will reduce the stress a lot to pass it as soon as possible, because it's the one I'm most worried about failing. And helps to get ECFMG certified before Sep 1st.

Hi, as you said it might be a good option to take it before step 1 or CK but it will fire you only if you can pass it. ı tried to do that just to increase my motivation and everything I need to feed my soul but I failed. So, you need to study alot. The part I failed was only the SPE part. I passed data gathering and ICE but failed the spoken english part. Guess why ???? there were 24 persons and I was the only IMG on that day in the morning session. No matter how much I trust in my english ( speaking and reading since the age of 11 and now I am 31 ), you always have the possibility to fail just because the person before you anf after you are native english speakers I mean americans. So, try hard. good luck

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

CS visa before steps! advice ne
CS visa before steps!HELP
step 2-CS BEFORE step 2-ck????
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact