Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

hi guys  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

I really love this forum, i got such good feedback from everyone and i dont feel so bad about failing now and finally getting over it and starting my studying and feel motivated as well, thank God, but of course God will decide what will happen the second time around. I actually wanted to ask, that i am not an IMG, but rather a carribbean med student, and so i finished my second year and then have been studying for this exam, now my question is, since i have failed it once, do you think i dont have a chance at a good residency? I am interested in endocrinology, any advice???

Well, technically speaking, Carribbean grad=IMG. But, while I have been looking at residency web sites for pedi and IM, there are many programs that don't take "foreign" students but do take many Carribbean students. Does it hurt you to have failed once for an IM residency, yes, but I don't think it will hold you back. IM is not so competitive anyway. I know many people who have failed one time and did well the next and got good residencies. So don't worry too much about it. Do well the next time around and everything will turn out ok. You will see ....

your rite, i guess what i meant was, i am not a grad yet, but either way, i am considered an international medical student. I guess this thing just has me really scared but thanx for the reply, good luck with step 2

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

hi, couyld you guys please help me out with this
Hi guys--LFTs??
Hi guys
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact