Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

What is the most likely diagnosi  

• 0/5

Author7 Posts

A mother notes in her 1-month-old baby girl clear fluid in the umbilicus. She brings this to the attention of her pediatrician, who not only verifies the presence of the fluid but also palpates a midline mass. At surgery a cystic mass is noted that connects to the urinary bladder. What is the most likely diagnosis?

im confused...........urachal cyst can be the answer........but it is an isolated cyst with no conection b/w bladder and umbilicus...........regarding urachal fistula.........it can present with urine draining from umbilicus but i dont know if it presents as a cystic mass palpated in midline

so is it urachal fistula????

Hi there,

Im confuse tooconfused: its a question from rapid review goljan third edition that comes with a qbank.And it was in the context of hemodinamic fluid,so they gave me 5 option(they were all graph relatives with hemodinamics disordes) with ECF and ICF disorder(see goljan rapid review third edition page 57 or any renal physiology book).

The correct anwser is right-side heart failure wich is basycally the graph with expanded ECF AND ICF but decresed Posmol/Na...
I just don't get it

omg

That was my first reaction reaction rolling eyes!!! I will keep posting some of the question anyway.Thank you

That was my first reaction reaction rolling eyes!!! I will keep posting some of the question anyway.Thank you

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

What is the most likely diagnosis?
what is the most likely diagnsois?
What is the most likely diagnosis?
show Related resources

Most Commons in Surgery

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact