Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Day dreaming during the big exam  

• 0/5

Author5 Posts

Just took my ck Exam as well.
I thought psych, peds, and obgyn were heavily emphasized as well!

I thought the questions were very fair, but I have very poor attention span and got tired mentally and probably mentally failed that exam. IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THIS, BUT I COMPLETELY LOST MY ATTENTION SUCH THAT I STARTED JUST RANDOMLY CHOOSING ANSWERS!! It is really a test of stamina.
I didnt have any tricky questions, they could be answered by studying and they could all be answered with little extra focus on exam day.
the lesson I learned from the exam: CK = mental marathon. not bringing something like 5hr energy might have cost me 60points!! The exam was too doable.
I am just waiting to see how many questions I got correct while in REM sleep

ironman wrote:
Just took my ck Exam as well.
I thought psych, peds, and obgyn were heavily emphasized as well!

I thought the questions were very fair, but I have very poor attention span and got tired mentally and probably mentally failed that exam. IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THIS, BUT I COMPLETELY LOST MY ATTENTION SUCH THAT I STARTED JUST RANDOMLY CHOOSING ANSWERS!! It is really a test of stamina.
I didnt have any tricky questions, they could be answered by studying and they could all be answered with little extra focus on exam day.
the lesson I learned from the exam: CK = mental marathon. not bringing something like 5hr energy might have cost me 60points!! The exam was too doable.
I am just waiting to see how many questions I got correct while in REM sleep

Lol, scary man. Randomly choosing answers lol how come you're so chill hahaha. Anyways I hope you do good smiling face

peesho wrote:

Lol, scary man. Randomly choosing answers lol how come you're so chill hahaha. Anyways I hope you do good smiling face

Thanks Peesho,
I am hoping it wasnt all random, It certainly felt like that is what I was doing.
I hope my unconscious mind knows some clinical knowledge, and intuition and random guess are not synonymous.
the other problem is that I practiced qbank mostly in tutorial mode and was getting instant feedbacks. It was weird doing 8 blocks not getting any feedback!

thanks again

i hope u get the score of ur dream nod

can u plz tell me if u notice any change in the exam ? how many biostat Qs

was there ? was it so long how many lines ? is it the same difficulty as UW or NBME

ssja wrote:
i hope u get the score of ur dream nod

can u plz tell me if u notice any change in the exam ? how many biostat Qs

was there ? was it so long how many lines ? is it the same difficulty as UW or NBME

I wrote the exam, the day before they made the changes.
I had good number of biostats [not too many], but they were different than the question on uworld. I am not sure how much I am allowed to elaborate on, but more on understanding what numbers especially confidence interval mean to the interpretation of your over all conclusion on the study.

How long, I guess most questions were longer than uworld, but then there were short questions here and there. even for slow reader like myself, the length is doable.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

I AM DREAMING!
AM I DREAMING?????
simple advice to those dreaming of anaes
show Related resources

Exam Master USMLE Step 2 CS Online
Exam Master USMLE Step 1
Kaplan 1-Day Step 2 CS Simulated Exam

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact