Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

ck exp-very vague n weird exp  

• 0/5

Author5 Posts

i took my ck last week,i have prepared for 4 n half long months along with my final yr rotations.though untill hitting to prometric i was kinda ok with my prep but those long 9 hrs gave me another impression,i was clueless throughout the exam.
well when i strted first block the first qs itself was weird.....one derma pic which has no relation with qs....i was like what the f**k,i marked around 18 qs in first block and was bit depress............then 2nd block was bit okay but still i had 10-12 marked qs .......3rd 4th okay,but my nightmare started from 5th block it was fulll with 15 liner psych qs.......i had almost 80%psych qs in tht........then 6th 7th same story,flooded with psych......last block was bit ok but still lotsa psych.i wanted to cry coz psych was never my plus point .....and if u get a pt who has MDD,insomnia,drug abuse Hx,PLUS adhd HX.......what the hell u shud answer........and all options were wtf type,atleast 3 options were pretty close..........all atypical presentations...........cardio n neuro were almost 10-15 qs thats it(i m good in these areas )but sadly i got around 30% from im....psych was dominating almost 40% then peds n ob/gyn..surgery was lost somewhere except few nerve injury(basic anatomy qs)........and even i saw many microbio qs.......i mean straight forward micro qs..............around 10.
i dontknow how it went,but after exam i had v horrible feeling,i know everyone feels like this,but blve me exam was v tough.all i can do right now is pray to my lord.....only he can help me

don't worry it will be ok.

did you feel that the qs are similar to uw and nbme?

On Aug 08, 2010 - 11:11 AM, incidentaloma responded:
except psych almost everything was covered by uw............may be my exam was unuausual one thats why i had so many psych one though usually it doesnt happen,but yah uw is best tool for ck

Same experience exactly. But the principle works: you will get the same result as with NBME4.
At one point I went back to see if I was sitting for the right exam.....

Sarojini wrote:
Same experience exactly. But the principle works: you will get the same result as with NBME4.
At one point I went back to see if I was sitting for the right exam.....

Do you believe then that nbme 4 has best predictive score? I just hope so..

what's up dude?

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

vague ethical Q, get it.
Very very very old IMG mom
very weird
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 2 CK Qbank
First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 2 CK
Kaplan USMLE Step 2 CK Qbook

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact