Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

getting 55% mixed timed!!!  

• 0/5

Author39 Posts

Yeah! My friend scored 258 in nbme n he got 268/99 in step 1.
I think if I aim for 99, I ll get 80+.
aim high...!

Okay guys!!!

6 weeks till my 4th try. I scored 182 last attempt and now aiming for 210, cannot write exam until nbme says 210. Watch me do this once and for all. I will prove to everyone if i can do it, i believe everyone can in such a short period of time. Its all about FA and usmle world now!!! Here goes!!! I'll post my progress!!!

mavis, i believe in you.... u will do it for sure this time... u allready set a date shocked this is beyond my expectations nod horray to u

On Jul 21, 2010 - 7:42 AM, mavis responded:
Thanks so much!!! You writing to me is such a pleasure and really keeps me motivated, thanks so much, i know u'r gonna do amazing too!!!!

Good luck mavis! I believe in you too.. I so want to get over with this.. rolling eyes

Hyvee.. Are you done with steps and CS?

On Jul 21, 2010 - 7:44 AM, mavis responded:
Hey man, thanks so much. I've done step 2 cs and haven't attempted step 2ck, will be on that the minute i'm done step 1. Good luck, u'll be fine!!!

shocked Urgggg still trying to finish FA, kinda behind schedule right now, hopefully will be done FA tommorow.

im far behind my schedule too..
there is so much knowledge i need to have.. i just cant make a tempo!
best of luck to all of us!

Mavis.. what is the edition of FA ur using?

On Jul 23, 2010 - 5:30 AM, mavis responded:
Hey dude.

Don't worry about being off schedule, just try to modify it. You will be fine. I'm using 2009 FA. I have my kaplan q-bank notes in there. When i do usmleworld i put notes on a separate piece of paper. And thats all i'm gonna study, FA, usmle w. I think if u were close to passing u should do that too.

Doing usmle world right now, going slow, i try to do 2 blocks a day, mixed timed, i'm scoring high 50's to low 60's. Hope it gets better!!! What do u guys think???

don't worry about the score. Just learn from the explanation. that's what am doing. UW is a learning tool. but 58% is good. aim for 60-65% consistently.
great going man.

On Aug 15, 2010 - 9:57 AM, mavis responded:
Thanks dude, i'm slowly seeing an improvement, thanks for the encouragement!!!

Nice going mavis buddy,...................read explanations very carefully...........and get Uworld to at least mid seventies..............

but belive me you are going good.,..........

On Aug 15, 2010 - 9:58 AM, mavis responded:
Yeah ur totally right, thats the key!!! Thanks!!!

Mavis you should do Uworld twice. uworld is a learning too. Right now do it carefully, read the explanation and high light important concepts. 10 days before the exam you should read those high light parts again. God will help. Good Luck.

On Aug 15, 2010 - 10:00 AM, mavis responded:
I'm going to see if i can do usmleworld 2x and usmlerx. And then thats it, and do another nbme!!! We'll see how it goes, thanks for the advice, best of luck dude!!!!

Keep doing and after doin uw take 1 nbme to check ur progress.

On Aug 15, 2010 - 10:01 AM, mavis responded:
Thats the plan !!! How's ur prep coming along??? Good to hear from u!!!!

Mavis I am not studying good man. I'm lost :-(

On Aug 17, 2010 - 5:26 AM, mavis responded:
Why??? what happened??? Are u doing usmleworld?? Keep doing those questions, faster u are done, the faster u can review and do an nbme. U might surprise urself. Keep working hard!! I know u can do it.

hey mavis

good job...........just keep on working hard.......n we will make it this time
all d best
god bless
u

On Aug 17, 2010 - 5:27 AM, mavis responded:
Thanks good luck to u!!!!

Have you done an NBME yet?
I'm doing UW for the second time. Doing an NBME next week.

Good Luck!!! Keep going you are almost therenod

Wish u best of luck. Hope ur studying hard and hope u'll score really high this time !!

Congratulations,all the best

Hey Mavis how are you? Done with the exam?

On Oct 04, 2010 - 7:51 PM, mavis responded:
Nope, i've been working away, i have 16 blocks of usmleworld left, i've made notes, learned a lot, way more than kaplan. I am aiming to get into the 60's by the end and review my notes do FA and then nbme 4, I will be done the q-bank next tuesday, i'll keep u informed, how's ur prep going????

I'm gonna take this month within few day!
Crammed goljan n uw. I feel I know much more than last
time!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

are the Usmle world timed-test reliable?
usmleworld timed vs tutor
UW MCqs tutor or timed mode?
show Related resources

Iserson's Getting into a Residency

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact