Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

232/96  

• 0/5

Author24 Posts

Got my score today, anyone with any questions pls feel free to ask, this forum has helped me a lot, would like to return the favor smiling face, tc

Congrats Poohboo.

What was your NBME Score before exams?

And, most importantly,Enjoy today.You deserve it.

Congratulations! Great score!

thanks guys, i took nbme 4, 3 weeks before my exam n scored a 490, but i did it without reviewing peads

Congrats Poohboo!! awesome score! GL for the Match smiling face

congrats great score .. wud u pls tell me wat was ur uwsa score and when was ur exam ..

..sorry i forgut to ask u .. have u received ur score today .. thursday ..

can u share ur preparation exp with books and what material did u used......................and also if u have to do it all over again what u should have done and what not.................

hey, i didn't do uwsa. sorry cant help u with that, as for prep material i did:

kaplan for all subjects
FA
Uworld Qbank
kaplan Q book
Master the boards for step 3 for a few topics

I gave kaplan 4 reads, kaplan medicine is excellent i feel...but the thing that helped me the most is Uworld hands down, another excellent bk is master the boards, discpvered it pretty late though
i will be writing a more detailed post later on my exam experience

canadian if i had to do the whole thing over again i would definitely do uworld more

thats realy nice to hear that from you.............

i hv read kaplan once and uw once but my whole prep was not quick as i was busy with some other stuff ..............

this is what my plan is right now i have decided to do kaplan bks again chapter wise reading from kaplan books and doing questions from uw to conc my knowledge from bks and its implication practically and then if a find loop holes in my book reading then after reading explanation of that topic in uw read bk kaplan again

also i am suplementing kaplan medicine with step up medicine try to grab each topic in both of the books and uw rest of the bks KAPLAN will dictate terms

and finaly doing completing 4 reads of kaplan 3 reads uw i will then right my nbmes to see which topic is weak .....................

n after that kaplan q bank for test preparation ..............

how that sounds to you if u can fine tune my prep

also i am dong kaplan q bk alongwith blue print q bk which r easy ones but again conctrating my knowledge with books .................

i am very scared with step 1 as it has been a while i had done step 1 would u plz tell me which topic i hav to brush up with step 1 for step 2 ..........................

i was thinkng i should do my own uw motes which i had made when i was doing step1 and some quick brush ups with FA

i am using step up medicine solely for this reason as it is emphasizing more on pathophys alonwith algorithmic approach to diagnostic evaluation

i hav decided to use MTB after my 3 kaplan reads just to hav my hands on managemnt right at the end as i am not fan of going in too much details of step 3 restricting my self to only step 2

which part of prep is appropriate to use MTB

ur help will definitely benefit me and lot others on this forum

hey there canadians, sounds like u have quite a plan and you r all set! Just keep yourself motivated, avoid gaps in btw, iv heard kaplan q bank is tough but a really good study aid so i think ur good to go.....i would recommend MTB rite from the start, dont be scared by the fact that its a step 3 bk,it is NOT in detail, its very basic n good for quick review, ul be surprised at how easy it is smiling face

as for what to do from step 1, there was quite some pathophysio on the exam, so it will help if u brush up on some imp areas like cvs, resp from ur step 1 nptes, hope this helps! tc

so how would i read MTB alongwith other books ..............................

like i should read one topic from medicine and then again in MTB

i want to know the drill that would allow me to recall stuff at will hope u understand

USMLE is al abt clicking in 72 sec n for that ur concept should be on the trigger

also i would like to know that my plan of doing kaplan q bank at the end is right coz i just want to prepare myself at the end for real exam and doing uw for concepts and ground to score high on the real exam

https://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/86683/

also if u can scan this thread for me that is there such thing in step 2 as mentioned by this thread ............do i need to prepare for those topics in this link............u r certainly guiding me nicely thru all this i really appreciate u r concern

hey canadian. yea the best way for MTB would be to review a chapter from IM kaplan then go over the same topic in MTB, will really help u towards the end

from what i know kaplan Qbank is as close as it gets to the real deal, so doing it in the end sounds like a good idea to me

so i read the thread u told me to scan for u, ummmm.....with all due respect i dont agree with punjiman, i mean dont get me wrong, the exam IS tough, i was really depressed after mine, but it was nothing like he mentioned :P, there is pathophysio but NOT to that extent like enzymes n germinal centres...atleast not on mine.....and definitely no mismatching CT/mRIS, thats a huge blunder, he should've complained.....so relax just stick to ur plan

hey congrtas on the great score!!!

thankx anyhow for u r concern i will ask u if i comeup with anything ........................r u prep for step 3 or u still hv to take cs .....................

thanks hoping99 smiling face

feel free to ask ore questions canadian, goodluck for ur prep! cs for me next

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

232/96
247/99 and 232/94
my score 232/94
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact