Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

does anyone else have this prob?  

• 0/5

Author3 Posts

hi, im doing uw ccs right now, and its frustrating. every case ends before even the relevant results come. for example, in a case of suspected SAH, if i order CSF analysis and CT brain at the same time, 2 or 3 results in CSF come before the screen ends. but if i order CT alone, the case proceeds. it seems as if the more the number of clicks u make the sooner the case ends.
now in the above example, a CSF analysis is perfectly warranted (to look for xanthochromia). so why does the case end so soon? its definitely not the wrong line of management. i really wanna know if this is how it is in the exam too.. that is, more the number of tests and clicks, the sooner it ends.

this is so dumb.. the same problem happens when i input hourly vitals monitoring. all i did was input hourly vitals and ct brain. estimated time for ct brain was 4 hours. so i advanced the clock to 4 hrs, and the hourly vitals kept popping up and the case ended. this is ridiculous! even hourly vitals monitoring can end a case or what? i seriously hope the exam software ain't like this!

well i found out why.. i had prescribed nitroprusside at the same time as ordering ct brain, so the software ended the case cos i had given the right treatment. the problem does not appear when i postponed nitroprusside until after the ct report. can someone tell me if its wise to wait for 4 hrs to see CT report when the BP is 240/135?? apparently thats wat UW expects us to do confused

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Must-have for Hematology Lab Prob
genetics prob: calculating RECOMBINATION FREQ
athlete with heart prob?
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact