Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

It's 261/99!!  

• 0/5

Author36 Posts

wow 261....this is massive man on a scale of 352 its not easier to score above250...but u hit hardly the bull's eye.
congrats

Amazing score

thumbs up nod

well can u tell us what is ur background , i mean when did u gradauted , what kind of Experience or postgradaute u have...( if any)

what u think special u did allow u to get 75% first time in UW,, and this Ck score for sure....there should be something u feel it was the booster?shocked

Thanks Incidentaloma, changemaker,

changemaker :

About my background
I am IMG from Thailand graduated at 2008. After graduate I have intern experience for about 1 year (I think this period of time increase my clinical knowledges very much)

About my secret I think because my step1 knowledge are pretty good eventhough I didn't have very high score in step1 (231/99) but actually before I take step1 exam I feel very ready (got NBME score more than 260) ,unfortunately 1 night before step1 exam I can't even sleep T_T.

By the way I think anyone who want high score in step2 should take step1 before.

About my booster I think UW is absolutely my booster before I did UW I do NBME form1 and got 194 after I finished UW I do UWSA and got 244 ^ ^.

Hope I answer your questions.

AWSOME.....CONGRATULATIONSSSSS for this HUGE score and all the best for upcumin exams...smiling face

my exam is on 1st august 2010 (abt 2 months)...iam done with 1st reading of KAPLAN lecture notes and U-WORLD....gona take 1st assessment test in a day or two....which 1 should i pick..??

2ndly should i stick 2 KAPLAN n U-world for next 2 months or go for other materials (kaplan q bank, q book etc) as well..??

Thanks Samazr.

I think 1st assessment for u should be UWSA because it has answers and explanations for you.

About other materials I think you should stick with kaplan and U-world until you think that u can remember most of them, and I never use another sources than U-world, kaplan note and first aid. hope this answer you.

Edited by ternglim on May 28, 2010 - 9:04 AM

Thank u so much ternglim.....hope it'll work for me as well.....goal is 99....smiling face

Congrats for this score, hope you get into the residency in mind. I just had one question; what was your feeling the day you took the exam (I mean after you finished the exam)? I am sorry if it sounds silly question, but I had my test today and, it feels horrible, even I can't sleep till now.

Congrats again, and wish you the best.

hey man..congrates....!!
really awsome score...
Can u tell for getting 99 how much one should get cottect per 44 questions block?

Thanks drmjmh99 and great_02

drmjmh99 : I think most of test takers have same feeling as you.
Honestly I felt not that bad because I knew that I did it much more better than step1, I marked about 8-10 per block but have 2 different blocks that I marked 4 and 18. Compare to step 1 that I marked 15-20 per block.

But Don't worry dude, most of my friends that come out with horrible feeling end up with 99 and hope u get 99 toogrin

great_02 : I'm not sure but I think aroud 32 questions per block.

krishna12 : Have you done step1 yet? if yes I think for these 2 subjects FA + UW are good enough just know it by heart

thanx for ur reply,

right now planning to stick to FA for peds and obg
i have qn for surgery as you said youdid kaplan for surgery .kpln has 2 sections in surgery.did you read both of the sections?how many times you did kpln sugery?

I read first section 3 times but second section just one timesmiling face

thank you so much
god bless you!!

congrats buddy ...well done..one thing i didnt agree with u is that u can pretty much do step 2 b4 step 1 and still get a nice score as my self..idid 1 b4 2 and get 99/252 ...one thing i strongly agree with u is that indeed the FA step 2ck is an underestimated book for step 2 ck although it is a very strong one..for me this book and the U world were almost my sole sources of reading..for surgery i think FA is poor one should rely on uworld notes and i benefited alot from kaplan q bank explanation in surgery ..yeah the kaplan series are very strong series too but to me were difficult to digest and memorize...which doesnot make them any less ..simply they didnt suit me...but my hat is off to u buddy ..sure it is an awesome work ..Bless u..

thank u both for ur advise... i have my exam in a couple of weeks and reading everywhere that ppl were saying mtb mtb, and i was doing fa made me wonder if i was going to compromise my score because of that... but hopefully not... i also plan to do uworld really well along with first aid..... thanks a lot

Wow Excellent Score i ve my xam in aug already postponed it twice,
feels quite good and encouraging after reading u r post
Good luck

many, many congrats... truely is some sort of a record!!

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

99\261
My score -261/99 & my experience
Just did step1..261/99:)
show Related resources

Digitaldoc's blog - USMLEtoMD
Pharmacology: Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews
Biochemistry: Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact