Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

GLAVA 3: Step 3 and residency  

• 0/5

Author161 Posts

Well, I am doing Internal medicine residency, and I am doing ward months, which is the toughest months of the year. Good thing is we don't have overnights as we have a night float system. It is very heavy load though.

But I have to say, I am enjoying it a lot, and the fact that I am single and do not have much else to worry about helps a lot.

Agree...family puts more on your shoulders...

Pocket Medicine by Sabatine, The Mass. Gen. hospital handbook of IM ---
must havenod

Medicine is nice but busy. I just want to say that I was at the hospital at 4am to prepare for rounds. I am on call tomorrow...

It's crazy...One week is gone...three more to goshocked

To make your lfe easier in residency, learn how to write, learn how to write SOAP notes...

hi sigh,i see you are enjoying the crazy life of being an intern...i am again in the "...." of the match......we'll see this year what's going to be!
goos luck!

I am so busy so I don't have time to visit my journal. I am at the hospital at 5am. Then at the end of day i need to go to the clinic...so back home somtimes 10pm...shaking head One more week of medicine and I'll have break...By the way I learn a lot...nod

Great feeling Sigh to be a busy resident...May God bless us with such business.
sigh wrote:
I am so busy so I don't have time to visit my journal. I am at the hospital at 5am. Then at the end of day i need to go to the clinic...so back home somtimes 10pm...shaking head One more week of medicine and I'll have break...By the way I learn a lot...nod

I am off this week but I need to go to the hospital to do a lot of dictations for people who has been discharged,..so it is not really off time

Hey journal! I have been busy with medicine rotation...no time to post. I am on ortho rotation now. It is the easiest one in my program. I also do calls for OB and medicine during this month. Last week I saw new candidates who came for interview...good I am done with that...omg...rolling eyes Yesterday I spent all day at local medical conference. It was fun!smiling face Have a good one everyone!

Tomorrow is my last day of ortho rotation, next one is ER. I do try to find time to read and do some questions now because my in trainning exam is coming...no timeshaking head

Happy Halloween! This Wen is my in-training exam so I do read when I have time...My rotation now is ER...7 am to 7 pm...but just one on-call during this rotation...wink

when u r taking ur step3.....................

@ Canadian: ...no idea
ED is over, ICU will start Monday...no time to post...Good luck people!

ICU...no time...

Hello dear Sigh!

Happy new Year to you! How are you?

Surgery...Start thinking about Step 3 finally...

hi guys!

i have a big question. pls help/advise....
my pass scores are 92 and 97 but CS i passed it from the 3rd attempt only!mad
question: does step 3 bring any advantages in my sept. applications if i ll take it this summer or would be enough if i ll take it in nov (i am an img and hopefully i ll get some interviews in nov).

thanks a lot!

Dear Moncheri the process to apply to residency requires a lot of time and organization then the interview season is also painful. If you are an IMG and passed the CS in the third attempt, it would be a good idea to take the Step 3 before September. You need it to show the Program Director that you are able to work independently and to make wise decisions. Don't delay take it!

Take step 3 ASAP...but make sure to get a decent score!
I did not have time to post in my journal because of heavy rotations...now I have just 2 easiest left...I did not study for my step3 properly and will start now.
what else? I have no idea what's going on around...raised eyebrow

hi sigh, i am back!hope to see you around!

I am PGY-2 now! It's much better people. i need to study for my Step3...omg

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

GLAVA 3
GLAVA 2
Step 3 Necessary For Residency App?
show Related resources

USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact