Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

GLAVA 3: Step 3 and residency  

• 0/5

Author161 Posts

I am a bad bad girl! I decided to postpone step 3 exam...will take it after the 1st yearrolling eyes
I guess I just can't stop enjoing these free days with no books...but I do work hard...my last days as a nurse...I do try to enjoy them and learn as much as I can from them.
I wish the day has more then 24 hours...I will keep this journal open and people can follow my preparation and internship...I do miss this forum and love you allsmiling face just sigh....ohhhh

Hi sigh!

My Mom arrived today, I am soooo... happy. grinsticking out tonguegrin

Kiss you

I am readinng "Intern" written by Sandeep Jauhar...Do recomend!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=esT...sTVVjpTzIY&feature=related

It's coming....June 28th...omgshocked

13 days to go... What do I do at these days? Paperwork is done. I have applied for parking permit...I did went through physical exam, Fit test, PPD, Hep B and blah blah blah...I need glassess...cool Hate it but will get it anyway...
I will have 3 days of orientation 06/28-06/30...only threeraised eyebrow
Time flyes and looks like it flyes faster and faster...

Edited by sigh on Jun 18, 2010 - 5:17 AM

Life starts in US, can't wait to be like you Sigh, you earned it nod

On Jun 18, 2010 - 5:23 AM, sigh responded:
Hey Grazie! Nice to see you againwink You will be at the same position as me pretty soon...next year? nod I am not even sure if this is good or badshaking head

Hi Sigh! i came back again. Wish you all the best !

On Jun 18, 2010 - 5:25 AM, sigh responded:
Hey Olya! How are your girls ( oldest and youngest females in family)?
Are you back to study?

...just 9 days to go. I will try to post my internship experience here (hope to have time) Have anyone did it before me? I don't know but I was looking for this kind of information for myself.
I got my glassess. Now I look smartgrin. I continue to be in relationship with my dentist...omg...It takes forever to get an appt...Does it better to be a dentist?wink
I prepare my daughter's trip to her homeland this summer...buying gifts...It is not easy at all...
...just 9 days to go...

hi sigh
how is life?, yes pls post your internship experiencenod.
9 days left sigh, i know that you will do great, keep smiling and the good sense of humor and you will enjoy even the hard time.

gringringrin

take care minister
baso

On Jun 22, 2010 - 5:39 AM, sigh responded:
Thanks dear friend! I hope I will have time to post this info...I'll trynod

hi sigh,this will be a great thing,but personally i don't think you'll have to much free time,so use it wisely!are you thinking to step 3 or not yet?i started to freek out about the next match even if i really try to keep myself together and as you sai:expect the worse and hope for the best"
enjoy your residency and keep visit us,we are missing you!
taKE CARE!

On Jun 22, 2010 - 5:59 AM, sigh responded:
I hope to have time...I hope to see any of my friends for IV in my programm...nod

Tomorrow is my day#1...good luck to menod

good luck sigh, possitive energy from us, we know that you will do great.nod

baso

goood luck sigh,i am sure you'll be great!have a great day!

So... 3 days of my unpaid orientation passed. At that time I saw a lot of people talkinggrin sometimes they did make sence...sometimes not at all. I got a pager and I need to learn how to use it. There is a lot of new staff to learn...simple and not so simple staff...We had a scavenger hunt today in a town where is our program located...it was fungrin I would like to say that this program is really friendly one. My group , 10 people, seems to be nice...just 2 persons are really confusing me at that time so let give them a chance to improvewink Food is free, parking is free. I got a free copy of Washington manual. We had a picnic tonight with faculty. It was nice but a little bit windy. I will be shadowing call on 07/16 in OB. My first rotation is OB and we required to spend some time in the clinic during almost all rotations. Also there is a free clinic for poor people and each of us need to work there at least 4 days/year. Can I do more? I wishshaking head So far not so bad...
Thanks for your wishes Baso and Tina smiling face

the life is good,isn't it?good luck sigh!we are missing you here,but enjoy and keep us updated!have a good one!

Today I am officially PGY-1. They gave us a hospital tour, actually 3 hospitals which our program covers...again...and then we took a test FM board test...100 questions...I did poorlysad

The first week is over! Today we have nursing and clerical orientation...just to get know people and see how the place runs...Then we got to clean out PGY-1 room and out lockers...the previous year was shocked ...good that our group has 7 females and just 3 males...we will keep it cleansmiling face

My 2nd week is going on...A lot of staff to learn. We did videotaping. They talk to us about billing/codes. Tomorrow is comp. training. I did shadow a senior in a clinic once...it was ok...so far so good. I need to work on my power point presentation now...feels like being back to med schoolwink

sigh, good that you are enjoying your internship days. And its really nice of you, to share your intern days with us. It would definitely be helpful for others.goodluck and keep updating us whenever you find time.

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

GLAVA 2
GLAVA 3
Step 3 Scores and Residency Application
show Related resources

Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Web Prep
USMLEWorld Step 2 CS Course
USMLEWorld Step 1 Qbank

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact