Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

thank you letter  

• 0/5

Author17 Posts

Hey..so for final thank you letter.. am I allowed to say that I will rank your program on the top of list or I can say that I will rank you No 1 on my list..

anyone..what are you allowed to say..

Just say top of my list to be safe. I think as an applicant you are allowed to tell the program where you will rank them. They cannot ask you though. You might want to make sure though.

thanks for the reply..anyone else who has any know how regarding this please help

Actually you can say anything you want to the program. We can't guarantee you a spot in the match or tell you that we will.

@bbb one more thing.. if i like two program.. can i tell both programs that i will rank them top of my list..just want to know this from match rules point of view

I am new in this forum .
Thanks everybody to shear nice detail.
Just i want to ask,can anyone tell me,that both programs that i want to rank them top of my list.

this is what nrmp has to say for what it is worth:
www.nrmp.org/res_match/abou...s/application_process.html

Communications with Program Directors

The Match Participation Agreement does not preclude parties from expressing their interest in the other; however, any attempt by either party to request such information is a violation of the Match Participation Agreement. Moreover, it is a violation of the Match Participation Agreement for either party to suggest or inform the other that placement on a rank order list is contingent upon submission of a verbal or written statement indicating ranking intentions. Statements implying a commitment should be avoided. Rank order lists take precedence over verbal commitments.

feast wrote:
@bbb one more thing.. if i like two program.. can i tell both programs that i will rank them top of my list..just want to know this from match rules point of view

You can tell me anything that you want. We can't promise that you will match with us. Just don't do what one applicant did:

After meeting everyone and seeing the hospital first hand, I am convinced that __________ Internal Medicine is among the very best to which I have applied. I intend to rank ______________ NUMBER TWO.

Just say that you will rank a program highly - that's all. Number Two? Didn't make the PD too happy (I will admit that this is the first time that I have seen that in a message from an applicant).

LOLLLLLL.......poor little sincere applicant!

LOL poor guy, at least he was honest. I were a PD I would bump him up just a few spots, I would be getting an honest resident. LOL

dadon wrote:
LOL poor guy, at least he was honest. I were a PD I would bump him up just a few spots, I would be getting an honest resident. LOL

What? And know that he matched at his second choice? That's like getting married to the girl who said yes when the girl you wanted said no. He would have been better off saying "highly"

Lolz. Truly said.

bbb wrote:

What? And know that he matched at his second choice? That's like getting married to the girl who said yes when the girl you wanted said no. He would have been better off saying "highly"

How many IMGs actually match/prematch to their first choice? I am going to be real. I want to match and will be happy for everyone in this forum that does. Everything else is a plus.
PS - I am glad I didn't fall into the temptation to be as revealing as the person described above. I hope he/she matched at the end of the day, especially since they shot themself in the foot with BBBs program.

thanks bbb..so i just told two programs that am ranking them on the top of my list..hope didnt do anythin wrong in terms of violation.. sorry for rephrasing my question again..times are very tense

feast wrote:
thanks bbb..so i just told two programs that am ranking them on the top of my list..hope didnt do anythin wrong in terms of violation.. sorry for rephrasing my question again..times are very tense

Using the word top is fine. don't worry about it.

mad

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Thank you letters or thank you emails?
Thank you letter after the interview
Thank you letter!
show Related resources

You pay only if you Pass

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact