Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

OBGYN experience, please share!  

• 0/5

Author14 Posts

Hi,
Could you please share your IV experience in OBGYN at :
Maimonides, hurely, Jackson memorial hospital and Staten Island?

I interviewed at Hurley. It was an amazing experience. Funny thing is that out of 5 applicants, only 2 showed up, including me. I loved that we had all the time in the world.

There was no program presentation. Maybe they were sick of doing the same thing over and over again. The PC is super nice. She told us how ranking was done. On Feb 4, they have a ranking meeting and will rank only a few candidates. After Feb 11, we can contact her and ask if we are being ranked or not (our rank position is not divulged)

I was first interviewed by the PD, Dr. Hebert. He was very thorough. If you can articulate well, he will like you. He will go into the details of your CV so be prepared to answer all those questions. He asks all the basic questions.

Then I was interviewed by Dr. Mello, the associate PD. She is just awesome. She has a list of ethical/behavioral questions that she will ask you ( I cannot reveal those so please nobody PM me for those ) You have to be spontaneous and real.

Then I was interviewed by Dr. Taylor. She was super sweet as well.

In short, those people are amazing. the reisdents are super happy and all the time were cracking jokes. It was by far the nicest obgyn program I have seen.

Edited by girl^interrupted on Jan 17, 2010 - 9:17 AM

Wow... Good going Girl. Seems like you got it... Great job.

Wow! Amazing how you "clicked" with them nod

You must have great personality. Its really to bad that they could not offer you prematch...

P.S. Is that your room on the pic? I like it a lot!

P.S. Girl, are you american citizen (if its not to personal to ask)...I mean were you born here? Your English is very good in writing, too!

Thanks my dears. I too thought "I got this one" but too bad they have only 3 seats sad

doctor4usmle, unfortunately this is not my room BUT this is my new year resolution, I have to "cheat" it and have this room or living room with the same color tones this year. I was once very passionate about having a career in fashion/interior design. I was challenged by someone years ago and to prove myself, I went to med school. Cried my way through it, hated it but still the challenge was ongoing. Twice discontinued as a career and then rejoined after 1-2 months both times. The time I really fell in love with medicine was during my USMLE prep grin That was the first time I really studied and paid attention. Loved it.

My english is not perfect. I make many grammatical mistakes smiling face I am not a citizen nor a permanent resident. I just need a visa like the majority of IMGs.

I did like the program a lot. Many positive things happened but this happens every year to many IMGs. Most end up not matching to that program where they got all those signs. I have faced discrimination though, regarding my headscarf. Some people just dismiss me right away after looking at me, you can tell by the way they look at you. It is sad but it is there.

Edited by girl^interrupted on Jan 16, 2010 - 6:36 AM

O dear sweet girl interrupted ,

I read some of your messages here and was cheered with them! But now I feel sad about what you said. I can imagine you face those prejudices all the time and that is not easy, but I believe you will find your place here where you will be happy and show your great personality, talent and your knowledgenod

See I would chose you for my ObGyn doctornodsticking out tongue

You can still practice interior design in your home and have the warmest and nicest home of all smiling face

Good luck! I hope positive vibes you got there land you in that great place as one of three residents!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for younod

You make me so happy grin

Anyways, the above answer was written when I was feeling very low for no reason (obviously the hormones came into play). I am back to my old "usually" happy self. I believe in destiny and I know there is a place for me that is just perfect for me. I just want to be happy in the program I match.

hehe, yeah I do practice my decor skills in my home and some friends' homes as well. It's a great pass time...
doctor4usmle wrote:
O dear sweet girl interrupted ,

I read some of your messages here and was cheered with them! But now I feel sad about what you said. I can imagine you face those prejudices all the time and that is not easy, but I believe you will find your place here where you will be happy and show your great personality, talent and your knowledgenod

See I would chose you for my ObGyn doctornodsticking out tongue

You can still practice interior design in your home and have the warmest and nicest home of all smiling face

Good luck! I hope positive vibes you got there land you in that great place as one of three residents!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for younod

Anyone prematched at rochester general NY? They offer only 2 position for match out of three!

I have a cousin in Rochester General. He's an AMG and I believe that program has ONLY AMGs...

are you sure? they used to take IMG's alot.... did you have an IV with them Girl?

nopes I didn't. Go check the website. Everybody is an AMG

Girl-I think you are referring to Uni of Rochester? Rochester General is packed with FMG's.

Oopsss, my bad. yes it's Univ of Rochester...thanks for correcting..

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

OBGYN interview experience
Share ur experience
Here I'm to share my experience !
show Related resources

OBGYN.net
obgyn

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact