Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

The DO NOT ask bbb thread  

• 0/5

Author45 Posts

MbbS wrote:
1. Here are some sweets, now where is my position? gringrin
2. How can you combine common sense, humor AND sweets to guess our chances of getting into a good Residency? Do you have a special trick in your ERAS for that as well? gringrin

1. Excuse me - Position? Sitting in front of a computer, sipping coffee.
  2. Special Filter. Yes, it's very special

I LOVE skittlesrolling eyes

bbb wrote:
Heck, I better answer or not answer.....

1- can I give you the sweets after the match? Sure, that's not an issue
2- is the sweet direclty proportional to my match chances? No, it isn't
3- Do you like milky ways? or maybe a twix?? Violet Crumble or Skittles
4- what if you don't like it?? You, my friend, are so screwed.....
5- do i have to bring sweets to your dog too? No, but they love squeakie toys and Milkbones.

bbb- you are GOOD.nod

This thread confuses me.

What if the PD is diabetic? Should I bring along some salty treats just in case? What about: low salt, and low cholesterol options?

Should we bring sweets that look "professional"?

Good God! I sincererly see BBB should not be asked..

sucralfate wrote:
This thread confuses me.

What if the PD is diabetic? Should I bring along some salty treats just in case? What about: low salt, and low cholesterol options?

Should we bring sweets that look "professional"?

Most of this is "tongue in cheek" - you do not have to bring anything like this for an interview.

(Although if Skittles land on my desk, I'm going to know it is one of you all)

bbb wrote:

Most of this is "tongue in cheek"

ORLY? wink I would never have guessed that bbb grin (btw, i was kidding too)

sucralfate wrote:

I was actually wondering what a professional looking sweet would look like.....nod

I really have no idea about a professionally looking sweet, but a professional looking sweet 'doctor' would most certainly look like yours truly smiling face

bbb wrote:
sucralfate wrote:

I was actually wondering what a professional looking sweet would look like.....nod

a professional looking sweet has to be like a snickers bar or a hershey's dark chocolate bar...with a dark suit , white lettering and crisp corners.

bbb, can I not ask another question? smiling face

So... I've been sneaking behind the desks of all the PDs and PCs to see if I can catch you bbb. No luck there! however, a couple of PDs looked at me in a funny way...

MbbS wrote:
bbb, can I not ask another question? smiling face

nod

O.M.G guys, bbb smiles at me rolling eyes

bbb wrote:
nod

bbb: How is job market for PCs and PDs? Every few years I have seen PDs are replaced and what they do after that? Focus on other stuff like seeing patient or research or look for another PD position else where. When this happen, does new PD get a new PCs or it depends? Reason for asking every department has specialized adminstrative staff like business manager, finance but PCs is it is very specialized position.

Hippocampus12 wrote:
bbb: How is job market for PCs and PDs? Every few years I have seen PDs are replaced and what they do after that? Focus on other stuff like seeing patient or research or look for another PD position else where. When this happen, does new PD get a new PCs or it depends? Reason for asking every department has specialized adminstrative staff like business manager, finance but PCs is it is very specialized position.

No clue. Remember, I've been here forever. Although if Alaska or Tuscon had an opening......

p.s. Thought I'd share - I did get Skittles the other day. I think he knew.....

Aha! so we can rule out Alaska and Tucson, bbb
My guess is you are in the east coast. I'm ready to hand out skittles as well. If I give you one, can you at least give me a unique acknowledgment that YOU ARE THE ONE? maybe a wink? or one eyebrow raised? or a hearty laugh? PLEASE...........

FaithMD wrote:
Aha! so we can rule out Alaska and Tucson, bbb
My guess is you are in the east coast. I'm ready to hand out skittles as well. If I give you one, can you at least give me a unique acknowledgment that YOU ARE THE ONE? maybe a wink? or one eyebrow raised? or a hearty laugh? PLEASE...........

Or maybe a hug...like it was given by a PD to girl interrupted wink....happy interview season everyone!

Lucky you! smiling face

bbb wrote:
p.s. Thought I'd share - I did get Skittles the other day. I think he knew.....

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

BBB.. To ask or not to ask! :-)
Ask BBB thread
Do not send two-sided copies. Do not staple. ????
show Related resources

how to do all things from usmle to match

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact