Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

Lunch @Interview  

• 0/5

Author10 Posts

Hi all,
I have a question about the lunch/dinner @any interview.I cannot eat meat of any kind from any restaurants due to religious reasons .Can we order our own food or do they order it for us?or will it be a buffet?Does it look rude if we politely tell them that we can't eat meat ?It may look like a dumb q but i need an answer plz.
Any senior Or bbb plz answer.

Be yourself smiling face

its absolutely not rude...smiling face im sure u can order ur food urself..

as long as u dont object to others around u enjoying their chicken or fish or watever...wink

drabcd: just tell them ur a vegetarian which I assume u r,, I dont eat meat, and I alwayz politely say so, and everyone understands.
actually I was thinking about this myself: what if at the residents social they order for everyone and put a nice piece of steak infront of megrin...what am i going to do....throw upgrin..life just doesnt get anyeasier sticking out tongue

At my hospital it's a buffet. There is always something vegetarian on the menu - and I have gone as far as to tell the dietary persons - no pork. There are also salads.

Throw up because a steak is in front of you? Come on.

Do you all honestly think that you are the first people to come through that are vegetarians, vegans, only eat halal meat or not?

Even if you are the first, tell them and they will respect your beliefs. As simple as that.

Edited by jehanzebali on Oct 19, 2009 - 9:58 AM

bbb wrote:
At my hospital it's a buffet. There is always something vegetarian on the menu - and I have gone as far as to tell the dietary persons - no pork. There are also salads.

Throw up because a steak is in front of you? Come on.

Do you all honestly think that you are the first people to come through that are vegetarians, vegans, only eat halal meat or not?

Agree totally. Btw, I was surprised to see the large number of US citizens who have gone totally vegetarian when I initially came here. Its a lot more common than is presumed....

well bbb what can I say...we vegetarians live in our own steak free world grin

drabcd...food is the last thing u would ever have to worry about. I've done 2 years of clinical rotations in the US, and every conference, dinner, lunch ..anything ..has always had food that caters to everyone's requirement.

Thank you so much guys each and everyone for your wonderful advice.I appreciate it.nod

all the bestsmiling face

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Prep4usmle Support Lunch at Boston
Breakfast/Lunch with the Residents? How?
Coffee at lunch
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact