Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

VDJ recomb-plz help  

• 0/5

Author9 Posts

could anyone tell me where the vdj rec takes place??i mean bone marrow, germinal centers??

How I understand it, for B cells it happens in germinal centers of lymph nodes. For T cells (TCR receptor ) it starts in thymic cortex .

thanx goodgirl.maybe...

for what i know
B cell in bone marrow
T cell bone marrow and ends in thymus cortex because tdt is still active

note that vdj is required for idiotype

but what does happen in germinal center is class switch (isotype change)
and not VDJ rearrangement

but to be sure i think u need to re-check it

thanx madoo!!i think that's the right answer

THis occurs on the thymus. I don't think its necessary to know where, but if you do, share

well it takes place in bone marrow if u see he diagram in the book i sas in he bone marrow heavy chain rearrangement and light change rearrangement takes place so it should be bone marrow

The last few posts are pretty much true. The maturation of B Cells occurs entirely in the bone marrow, therefore VDJ rearrangement for B Cells obviously occurs in the bone marrow; in the progenitor B Cell phase to be exact. The cell then contains u + in its cytoplasm in the pre-B cell (the next step in maturation) indicating that the heavy chain has been synthesized and is merely waiting in the cytoplasm while the light chain rearrangement occurs.

As for the T cells, the immature T Cells are CD4, CD8 and TCR negative before they reach the thymic cortex. By the time the T Cell passes into the medulla it will be TCR positive. Gene rearrangement will occur in the thymic cortex and as they mature they will pass into the medulla.

I hope this is helpful.

BONE MARROW,,,THE IDEA OF VDJ IS ICREASE DIVERSTY OF IMMUNOGLOB. TO ACT ON MILLION OF DIFF. ANTIGEHS IN THE NATURE,,,THANKS

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

plz plz plz Rate this program
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ REPLY
help me plz plz plz plz plzzzzz
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact