Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

IMG anesthesiologists where are you  

• 0/5

Author13 Posts

i think we need to support each other a lot ........
or maybe the competetiveness has driven us IMGs away

hi.. i m img from india graduated in 2008. i have applied in IM in this match.. but i m also thinking about anaesthesia.. just waiting for step3 result.. need H1/J1.. what r the chances of mine to get matched in anaesthesia??

Hi there,
noticed that the anesthesiology forum is really quiet this year. Applied on the 16th of September. Got a few generic rejections( filters). Very disheartening.
Got my first i/v invite this week from a New York program. I guess we just have to be patient and wait(easier said than done). A friend who works in a top 10 US hospital told me his PDs have only just started looking at the applications!
Good luck to one and all smiling face

congrats on the IV Gasmann !
Waiting patiently .............................

Its hard for people like me. I have done anesthesia all my life......6 years .fate brought me to US. Now i want to keep doing what I learned to do so well. But its a challenge to get in because its gotten so competetive. My older graduation date is certainly not helping although I have been learning anesthesia ever since.
Big Dilemma for me

I am a 2001 graduate and that certainly counts against us.The way I look at it is to show how my experience makes me a better candidate than a bright eyed bushy tailed newbie fresh out of med school. Going on some relevant courses helps as does getting some kind of research experience under your belt, anythng to flesh out your resume. Good luck with the match.

hi.. i am 2008 grad. i don't have any experience in anesthesia, applied in anesthesia on 18th september in 35 programs. i have applied only in categorical programs. though i don't have any expectation to get any IVs... i am still optimistic to get at least one IVs. keeping hope alive. i have also applied in IM. i m just taking chance in anesthesia!!!!

You have stellar scores and a fresh graduate
so why shouldnt you get an IV in anesthesia !best of luck

hang in there guys its doable...

IMG ( 1998 ) from India with three year's PG training ( MD ) in anaesthesia. Married and moved to US..now preparing for step 1. Have GC. Donno how all this will work out. taking one step at a time...

still no IV calls !!! Anesthesia seems impossible if one is an IMG and an old GRAD

ooooooooooohhhhhhhh my G O D

hey guys.....I am going into internal med for now. good luck to all of you

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

Am I too old as an IMG?
IMG HELP!!!
IMG HELP!!!
show Related resources

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact