Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

I am FREE!!!  

• 0/5

Author33 Posts

My exam was yesterday. Hard exam. BUT doable.

Concepts tested were:

1- Neurology and respiratory mainly ( I was shocked by the amount of questions on these two)and these weren't my strong subjects sadly. Headaches, dementia, head trauma, Multiple sclerosis, PNEUMONIA ( about 30 or so question, very vague), COPD, asthma, ENT infections. These 2 topics were not only tested in medicine but also heavily in peds and then surgery

2- Plenty of step-1 type questions or maybe I felt that way because my step-1 was 2 years ago (telophase , kinesin, dynein ) and many pathophysiologies which I know I got wrong because step-1 was a far-off memory and I didn't come across them during my step-2 prep

3- Very easy and very few questions on biostats which I still got wrong smiling face because I hadn't revised it..even messed up a plain specificity question..

4- Plenty of GYN less OB.

5- 2-3 ethics questions and plenty of vague psychiatry questions

Overall impression--> To get a really great score, ONLY kaplan and UW . And believe me it's NOT an easy task. Kaplan is HUGE and so is UW. And you should memorize everything. Risk factors, etiologies among the rest.
I planned to do this but I was short of time and couldn't. I also couldn't revise MANY things and they ended up showing on the exam and I did mess up on them. so please revise ALL your notes or kaplan in last 7 days that would be just ideal. i.e. 3 days medicine, and 1 day each to all the others.

My prep: gave 2 months to kaplan medicine and UW medicine, made notes and all. Then 2 months to other subjects, last month --> did not study a lot which was a mistake. It is the last month that matters the most. So do plan accordingly.

But I am very happy and very thankful to God that I got over with it. Now, I can spend time with my little girl smiling face I've missed that the most during my prep.

girl^interrupted good luck to your score , u have made a great effort and i m sure this will paid offnodnodnod , beside that you were selfless and u give your time and effort in the notes that u have made , may God reward u on that .

just a couple of questions , i need to know how many times u have did kaplan notes before u start UW , and does there any need to do any review book like FA , crush , secrets , or it will be time wasting ???

thank u in advance and good luck

NICE you took the exam, now lets have a minute of silence for what was known as USMLE STEP 2CK, show respect this lady killed the examnod

Could you make any comparison with the NBME exams?
How about the Surgery questions?
Psychiatry?

Thank you

Good for you girlinterrupted!grin Good luck on your scorenod

Thanks a lot for the good wishes everyone...

armada--> I had UW for 4.5 months. I did it in my first read. I first completed medicine in 3 weeks then bought UW and started doing medicine questions after again reading that specific chapter quickly before starting the questions..

gogeta--> Thanks a lot. You're sweet smiling face comparison with nbme..hmm..I just did nbme 4 and I found my exam to be equal or slightly harder than nbme 4. Harder in the sense that the question was usually easy, the answer choices were very close and quite hard to rule out...maybe I wasn't better prepared that's y couldn't rule out things...

Thanks drlilac..

hey and I don't think it's necessary to have a short review book...If u can read kaplan inthe last 7 days and read ALL of it, you'll MORE than perfect...smiling face

wish u gud luk 4 gr8 score girl. my prayers r with u.....

hi good luck for your score.........

nodnodnodI am happy for you its over.....good luck for the result and have a nice time with your kids!!Its a great sacrifice to stay away from your kids....i ve been there,,,so just enjoy!!
My exam is nearing so thanks for the inputs!!

I am happy to hear this. Well done Girl^interrupted, and I wish you achieve a really great score.

Good luck,

gl

Thanks for sharing, hope you get high score and residency in mind. Please keep us updated when score shows up.

drmjmh99

good luck for high score...

Salam,

how many times u went through your own notes and did u find them very helpful in exam.

GL

Good Luck and may Allah accept ur hardwork with dignity

actually the notes are all UW and UW prepares us for vagueness,doing the questions twice or thrice and then memorizing notes will "seal in" the prep...this is what i recommend but this isnt what i did but truely believe that this is the way to go..my friend did it and got 670 in nbme 4 and now she is waiting for the score which I believe will be around 260ies etc...

else, thank u all for such wonderful wishes...Please pray for my score , I'm only 2% confident shaking head

congratulations for the hard work and i am sure you will get a very good score.. I have passed my step1 4years back, my concern is that what you will advise to review for step1.. i don,t have enough time ( 4th August is the day) what you think reviewing my firstaid book for step 1 ( which i still have with me) will be enough to be ready for step 1, or i should not waste time on that....

how much was your score on UW when you were doing after reading the medicine.. thank you so much for your hel[p.

all the best!

Good Luck for the great score !

Hey,

I'm happy for U. I'm sure U'll get a gr8t score. Thanks for the input. Do U recommend reading any topics from Step1.
Takecare,

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

am i too dumb to be smart, or am i too s
Either I am stupid, or I AM stuipd!
FREE EVENTS - HUGE DISCOUNTS!! FREE Study Pass!!!
show Related resources

Free Selection criteria of Residency Programs

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact