Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

exam. over..pray for me & .i failed  

• 0/5

Author16 Posts

hi

i have my exam. after 2 days. Can you please advice what to read now just before the exam.?

Look at very common X rays and derm pictures. Review ur UW notes if you have any or Arlet's notes. Review all UW CCS cases. Rest and sleep well.
Good luck!

hi i am just back from my exam center.

i could not read 2-3 question in every block due to time constrain. feeling nervous.

will write more later on.

Good Luck! smiling face

All the best!

Hi

I am done with day 2 of my exam. I could not read 3-4 questions in every block today also. sad

In 2-3 ccs cases my pt. did not get out of ICU and time was up for me. every case lasted till 15-20min. may be i delayed the management part. Yes there was enough time 5 min. to counsel the pt and writing the diagnosis. But diagnosis writing carries no creditsad

i think i will flunk this exam. please pray for me. shaking head

don't panic now! You can't change now anything, calm down and wait patiently for the results!!!
You are strong! you did good job managing 2 excausting days! and just 3-4 q aren't that bad!
nod

my advice is please practice for ccs main cases on usmle cd software. in exam. time is limited to think & do the things. I sent one pt. home wafter invest. & advice but pt. continued to have pain and didn't accept my advice regarding safe sex, drive with seat belt, exercise. then i had to admit her & give treatment according to lab reports which were available by that time but time ended in the last.

another pt. which i admitted, do the diagnostic part. no medical treatment was given and time was up.shaking head

yesterday i got the result. I failed in mcq"s part.shaking head

i read first aid, kaplan q book, and 70% of usmleworld questions.

Performance in CCS part is in Higher performance zone(15 stars) only 3 stars in borderline shaded area.

Those who have passed please suggest, what to read for the the mcq part.

thanks,

GL to all of you.

3 days before the exam. i reached at exam. place after 13 hours of flight. and now its disappointing to see the result.

It seems I will never get residency. wasted lot of money.shockedshaking head

Sorry to hear about your result ..

Cont. doing questions and time it....seems like timing was an issue and this time finish UW bank and do another question source.

and like u said practice Ccs q's

Good Luck with your prep..

ravi you are not alone, many people have time management issues, and many people fail this exam after spending alot of money"from the credit card", becoming a doctor in US became very very expensive and even after spending all that money, there is no 100% success.
Do questions, timed, to improve your time management. Most of people have no time for the last 4-5 qs especially if they are obsessive compulsive like me, I read the q 2 times to make sure my A is right.

Thanks win2008, 4cs2,muxia, dr.roh & stephi for your advice & support.

I am again thinking to reappear in July.

1998 graduate/ 83 first attempt / 78 first attempt/ CS- pass fourth attempt/needs visa/ 2months Obsevership in US/ No USCE/ Unmatched this year. I don't know this wait to get residency will ever end. Had to fly around the globe 5 times to US to appear for the exam. Already in debit to pay bank loans.

Pl pray for me.

GL to all !

ravi

Good Luck Ravi..

What are you using for MCQ's source....what banks or book questions

Dear Dr. Roh,

this time i am going to read Kaplan CK-IM,Pead.,Psych. Toronto notes as i am appearing MCCEE exam. also.

will do kaplan q book, UW Questions.

GL

yea...I am doing UW q-bank and I will do Kaplan Q-book

Gonna do Swanson FM book

I am not sure about doing kaplan q-bank (I think it would be good, but not sure if will have time)...I think Kaplan q-book would be more helpful than kaplan q-bank...right?

Bookmark and Share

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

exam 12-21-04 pray for me and yourself!!!
exam 12-21-04 pray for me and yourself!
Pray for me, my exam is tomm!
show Related resources

Exam Master USMLE Step 2 CS Online
Exam Master USMLE Step 1
Kaplan 1-Day Step 2 CS Simulated Exam

Advertise | Support | Premium | Contact