Prep for USMLEPrep for USMLE
         Forum      |     Resources New Posts   |   Register   |   Login

How to estimate your score  

• 0/5

Author136 Posts

VQmismatch wrote:
thats like a 97 on the exam...cool

last 2 blocks i got 72% and 77% and that makes overall 68% and 79th percentile.

excuse me VQmismatch am going to use your thread to track my performance in UW and lets see wat the real score will be!rolling eyes

this is your thread too! nod

@maoudoody

Tutor mode can save you time when reviewing the explanations because you don't have to read the stem again.

But DAMN 4-5 hours is wayyyyy too much for a block. One cannot say you are not through wink I had to cram all of USMLEworld in one go three weeks before my test and could not spend more than 2 hours / block INCLUDING reading explanations. I would not advise it though....

Yeah tutor mode is way to go...

well the thing is that i have kaplan notes and master the boards beside the computer......each question i made a rapid reading of the topic and sometimes the wrong answers too

hmmmm.....still prefering to do uw in the timed unused modegrin

now my score is 71% .....86th percentile

i feel uw for ck is not as tough as uw for step 1

just a feeling

it is tough, did you do questions before with another bank?

@maudoody

Goood Job! Just make sure that before you do the test, you try an NBME form(2 or 4) to make sure that your UW scores are translating into the scores you want on Step 2.

I did worse on Step 2 UW than Step 1 UW, and yet I got almost 18 points more on Step 2 than Step 1. UW scores are entirely dependent on the timing of you starting the qbank. If you start it early in your study, obviously the cumulative will be much lower than if you started it after you have completed all your studies.

That's why I always suggest an NBME for score estimation.

VQmismatch wrote:
it is tough, did you do questions before with another bank?

no but in step 1 i started uw after 3 kaplan readings and got 67%

where now am doing my second kaplan reading and getting this score in uw

doomestic wrote:
@maudoody

Goood Job! Just make sure that before you do the test, you try an NBME form(2 or 4) to make sure that your UW scores are translating into the scores you want on Step 2.

I did worse on Step 2 UW than Step 1 UW, and yet I got almost 18 points more on Step 2 than Step 1. UW scores are entirely dependent on the timing of you starting the qbank. If you start it early in your study, obviously the cumulative will be much lower than if you started it after you have completed all your studies.

That's why I always suggest an NBME for score estimation.

off course NBME is the best predictor.....i was going to take nbme 1......but since u say 2 and 4 more accurate will going to take 2 after my second reading and 4 before the test

thank you Doomestic

Hi V/Q ............I got 650/248 in NBME4 (Feb 2)........My exam is on Friday 26th...i am reviewing my notes from kaplan and UW.....what score can i expect on the eal exam? thanks...give me suggestions pl

well i got 580 on nbme2......this corresponds to 235 .......not too happy with it.......still have 2.5 months for the exam

NBME is well know because it under predicts a little bit your score, but not too much, try to study your weakness and do another NBME (form2, form 4, 5 or 6) one 1 week before the exam, if you feel confortable with the score then take it, if not postpone...

Good Luck.

hello everyone... i m new here.. being an IMG, i want to know,r thr any other books other than kaplan notes which r must 4 prep of step 2 ck, like we had HY n BRS in step 1????
plzzzz advise me on that..

dear friend
stick to kaplan lecture notes,FA & the great UW
follow the forums & see the detailed advices of for example VQmismatch
good luck

thanx goodman smiling face

Good Luck!

Can anyone provide the link of how to get these NBME exams and the score 's translation for the NBME, Please?

No, Sorry.

Doomestic and Vqismatch i got 258smiling face

Thank u so much VQ for sach an informative post.

well hv exam in 2 months....iam done with 1st reading of kaplan lecture notes along with U-World (tutor mode)...iam planning 2 take assessment test in a day or two..(would b the 1st test)....which one should i pick...?....NBME (which form)...or U-World..??

secondly gona start revision frm 1st june...i wana kno should i stick 2 U-World and do it again n again or should i try kaplan q bank , q book etc as well..??
what i got frm the experiences of ppl in this forum is that we should stick 2 one source n aim should b 2 master it instaed of using so many different sources..??...plz advice me...smiling face

Bookmark and Share

Login or Register to post messages

show Similar forum topics

How to estimate your score
PLZ help! score estimate
ESTIMATE UR STEP 1 SCORE HERE!!
show Related resources

USMLE Score Estimator

Advertise | Support | Privacy | TOS | Premium | Contact